What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I found Cosmic Crisp apples at the independent market :) They cost less too than at the supermarket, $1.98 vs $2.99. I bought two to try.

View attachment 318311

There were also Autumn and Sweetie apples which I had never heard of before:

View attachment 318312

View attachment 318313

Tonight is some leftovers from the freezer, enough for tomorrow's dinner too. Tuesday I get the prepared meal kit :hyper: I'm not sure how I'm going to get a shopping bag with all the boxes and the pizza home by public transportation. I might have to request a Lyft ride.

Interesting :) I probably mentioned this before but I used to work with someone who claimed to be a strict vegetarian but ate dairy (regular ice cream, cheese, etc) and eggs and even calamari :dunno: I don't know, maybe it's trendy for people in her age group to claim to be on certain diets but not actually follow it :dunno:
I found Cosmic Crisp Apples st Trader Joe’s. I boyone, on a lark. It is huge!! Very huge.

I am playin keeping it in my refrigerator crisper drawer for a white. Just to see how it holds up.

Trader Joe’s had some interesting apple varieties. I had one, forget name, which had a Red flesh!
Very tasty. It has a berry taste. Red juice seeped out of it.

I also picked up one of the sweetest apples I have ever had. Forgot name also.
If I see these around I will definitely buy them again. And remember their names.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I found Cosmic Crisp Apples st Trader Joe’s. I boyone, on a lark. It is huge!! Very huge.

I am playin keeping it in my refrigerator crisper drawer for a white. Just to see how it holds up.

Trader Joe’s had some interesting apple varieties. I had one, forget name, which had a Red flesh!
Very tasty. It has a berry taste. Red juice seeped out of it.

I also picked up one of the sweetest apples I have ever had. Forgot name also.
If I see these around I will definitely buy them again. And remember their names.
I love trying new apples. Two ones Iove are Envy apples and Kuru apples.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are lacto-ovo vegetarians?
I'm a Vegetarian that eats dairy, eggs, and honey. As long as the animal doesn't have to die, I will eat it.
I just call it Vegetarian or Vegan. Because isn't a vegan technically a vegetarian that doesn't eat dairy or honey?

For lunch I had 2 vanilla cappuccinos and the 1 last caramel macchiato hot cocoa.
Also had 1 slice of toast with pumpkin cream cheese, and 1 slice of toast with cinnamon honey butter.

For dinner I had vegetarian buffalo wings with french fries. I put way too much hot sauce on it because I was trying to use up the bottle. I'm gonna pay for this later! :eek2:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just remembered something about that "strict vegetarian" co-worker: she'd buy those breakfast sandwiches with egg and cheese all the time from the cafeteria. The cafeteria grilled those in butter. It sounds like she's more lacto-ovo but try telling her that :rolleyes3:

neely neely the Cosmic Crisp apple was good :yummy: It was sweet but the difference wasn't that big from any other sweet apple, IMO.

I forgot I had a partial bag of wild rice blend, leftovers from the somewhat disappointing slow cooker chicken and rice dish a few weeks ago. I made the rice in the rice cooker. It came out done but a little clumpy :headscratch:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm a Vegetarian that eats dairy, eggs, and honey. As long as the animal doesn't have to die, I will eat it.
I just call it Vegetarian or Vegan. Because isn't a vegan technically a vegetarian that doesn't eat dairy or honey?
You're right, in that a vegetarian doesn't eat anything that had to die.

A vegan doesn't eat anything that comes from an animal, so no meat, chicken, fish, and also no milk, cheese, eggs, honey, etc. Vegans are often more about lifestyle than just diet, and will avoid any product that came from an animal, such as wool and leather.

For lunch I had 2 vanilla cappuccinos and the 1 last caramel macchiato hot cocoa.
Sounds delicious. :yummy:

Since you've still got a few pounds you want to lose, do make sure to check the calorie/sugar content, as delicious drinks often have more calories than you might think. :sigh:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A vegan doesn't eat anything that comes from an animal, so no meat, chicken, fish, and also no milk, cheese, eggs, honey, etc. Vegans are often more about lifestyle than just diet, and will avoid any product that came from an animal, such as wool and leather.
That's a great explanation. 👍

the Cosmic Crisp apple was good :yummy: It was sweet but the difference wasn't that big from any other sweet apple, IMO.
Thanks, that's a great recommendation. :thumbsup:

After eating Spanish rice with garbanzo cakes for dinner I was still hungry and made a spinach salad. I think being out in the cold air earlier gave me an appetite. ;)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking ahead for the prepared meal kit and how to best eat the meals without any of them going bad since it's just me. I get two salads (descriptions here). I know salads don't last more than a day or two so I need to eat those first. Probably one for dinner that night and the other for lunch the next day. The grain bowl should be eaten next. The entree and soup can likely be frozen since I won't get to those right away. I signed up for the basic kit which is 6 to 8 servings (3 days of lunch and dinner for one person according to the web site). Depending on how big the packaged meals are, I may be able to split each packaged meal into two or more servings :think:

Then there's the pizza. A slice of pizza and salad for dinner sounds pretty good :) This week is National Pizza Week too 🍕

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night's dinner, bean soup was so good!! Nicole also made cornbread and a coconut cream pie. I still have the piece
of pie. She sent sharp cheddar cheese in slices from the deli, green grapes, bananas, and Evercrisp apples. I didn't realize
the orchard near my house is open year round. She looked for Pink Lady, my fave, but they had none.

I think tonight will be cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese x 2 My appetite has doubled since the temps dropped. We're
supposed to get 1=4 more inches of snow so I doubt I'll be walking to town for gelato. :dunno:
🥪🥪

muffy muffy Ellen, your sammie sounds great! I hope you're feeling better.🥪
AbbysMom AbbysMom Karen, hope things are better with you and you enjoyed your pizza.🍕

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking ahead for the prepared meal kit and how to best eat the meals without any of them going bad since it's just me. I get two salads (descriptions here). I know salads don't last more than a day or two so I need to eat those first. Probably one for dinner that night and the other for lunch the next day. The grain bowl should be eaten next. The entree and soup can likely be frozen since I won't get to those right away. I signed up for the basic kit which is 6 to 8 servings (3 days of lunch and dinner for one person according to the web site). Depending on how big the packaged meals are, I may be able to split each packaged meal into two or more servings :think:
Sounds like a plan. It's hard, I know, trying how to not waste food, when it's only one person eating it. I have that problem whenever I buy a bag of salad.

Then there's the pizza. A slice of pizza and salad for dinner sounds pretty good :) This week is National Pizza Week too 🍕
I just happen to have an unopened bag of salad.🥗 And mushroom naan pizzas in the freezer.🍕 So guess that will be dinner, or lunch, a couple times during National Pizza Week. :celebrate:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🥪🥪

muffy muffy Ellen, your sammie sounds great! I hope you're feeling better.🥪
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking. No I am not feeling any better. The IBS was acting up again this morning. For breakfast I am having toast and hot tea.

I have to go in for more test for different things. I have found out nothing yet. Tomorrow I need to go to the blood doctor and have an IV with iron as I am really low and I can take the prescription iron. Then I need to go for some IBS test as well as some other ones including my heart. All of this just to have surgery on my knees.

Your soup sounds delicious. I wish I could make soup without any problems.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I had a Swiss cheese sandwich with vegan mayo, tomato and organic whole grain bread.
That sounds delicious. Did you toast it?

do make sure to check the calorie/sugar content, as delicious drinks often have more calories than you might think.
Yeah, I limit myself to one or two now. I have enough left to make about 30 drinks. After I finish these, I might give them up because it's getting me back into binging behavior, which is a trigger for me and I have to be careful not to go down that road again.

mushroom naan pizzas in the freezer
Is that similar to flat bread pizza?

For lunch I had 2 vanilla cappuccinos made with milk. I added extra espresso to one of them.
For dinner I had a Culinary Tours Tuscan Style Flat Bread frozen pizza. It had kale, tomatoes, and black olives on it. It was pretty good! I put a mexican hot sauce on it. It only took 9 minutes to bake.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy : sorry you're still not feeling better. Hopefully the iron will help, and that you feel better soon. :redheartpump:
Thank you, Ruby, and the rest of you praising the email. I was able to keep food down today. I found out I don't go to the doctor until Thursday. Then I have two more test by the end of the month. I hope they find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.