What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely have you tried the new Cosmic Crisp apple yet?

I saw a few at the supermarket but they were bruised and cracked and not appealing :sigh: I'll check the independent market tomorrow.

Click on images to view bigger:

20200118_081617.jpg

20200118_081628.jpg

Tonight will the the last frozen French Bread pizza with some sweet potato fries.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

[/URL]
[/URL]

I saw a few at the supermarket but they were bruised and cracked and not appealing :sigh: I'll check the independent market tomorrow.

Click on images to view bigger:

View attachment 318184

View attachment 318185

Tonight will the the last frozen French Bread pizza with some sweet potato fries.
Yummy !
I love sweet potato fries!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Funny you should mention it because DH has been anxious to try them but they're pricey. We were at the grocery store a few weeks ago when we saw them and he asked the produce guy if he tasted them. He told us they're nothing special. :dunno: Over the summer we bought Zestar apples at the farmer's market and really liked them a lot. Zestar!

I took boneless chicken breast out for DH tonight, will make him teriyaki chicken over rice. Not sure what I'm in the mood for but was watching Lidia's Kitchen on Food Network and now I have a taste for pesto pasta.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you? It really gets old, doesn't it?

Does anybody have a simple recipe for mushroom soup? Like 4 or 5 ingredients? I don't want to use canned mushrooms anymore and fresh mushrooms seem to be easy to deal with.
Yep!
I love mushroom soup , this is my favourite mushroom soup , though it does have a few more ingrediants .
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trying to use up my “stock”- freezer, etc
I'm trying to use up food in my freezer too, so tonight I thawed out some Sweet and Sour Black Beans and Rice. And will have some green grapes, or maybe an orange*, for dessert.

*Thanks to Jcatbird Jcatbird and Banjo I got a craving for oranges. 🍊 :bicolorcat: :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a few at the supermarket but they were bruised and cracked and not appealing
Were they a year old? :eek2:

For lunch I had the most amazing sandwich! I usually only use one of these, but I used all 3 on the same sandwich- 2 TB hummus, 2 TB Cashews, 1 TB Sunflower Seeds. Then Tomato, raw Spinach, Swiss Cheese. All on a huge toasted egg bagel.
OMG it tasted so healthy & fresh! Beans, nuts, and seeds taste wonderful all together. :thumbsup:

For dinner I had an Amy's Burrito cooked in the oven this time, I finished up my bottle of salsa brava hot taco sauce.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Were they a year old? :eek2:

I hope not :eek3: They probably got bruised from rough shipping. I try not to buy produce from the supermarket anyways. The produce is never good quality, if there are any on display :dunno: Oftentimes a particular produce will be feature as the week's sale but the supermarket has none available. Like the sumo oranges featured this week. There were none today. Or the shriveled asparagus that was on sale one time. I go to the independent market that gets fresh produce from local farms.

Does anybody have a simple recipe for mushroom soup? Like 4 or 5 ingredients? I don't want to use canned mushrooms anymore and fresh mushrooms seem to be easy to deal with.

Did you try Googling for recipes? I found these:

This one has more ingredients but you can use short-cut methods like buying store-prepared chopped onions and sliced fresh mushrooms and a jar of minced garlic :

Status
Not open for further replies.