What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Brekkie was a blueberry bagel with butter

Lunch was a Stouffer's spaghetti and meatballs dinner, their sauce is so good!
and green beans

Dinner not sure, maybe tuna salad ,or scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar and Gorgonzola cheese and toast.

I have Granny Smith's and green grapes to snack on

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was one of my giant salads - mixed greens with apple, cheese, walnuts & raisins

Dinner is going to be a egg salad sandwich. And if I get motivated, with oven baked potato wedges on the side.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dang, that sounds like a love story. :lol:
It kinda is...right up until that "fall on them like a ravening wolf" part...

SO...last night, my neighbor brought me supper. She's generally a very good cook, but this time it was egg noodles with kielbasa and corn...which is not bad, but NO SAUCE OF ANY KIND! SO...I stirred a couple of tablespoonfuls of sour cream in before I heated it, and it was pretty darned tasty! Of course, I'd find a random tree branch tasty with enough sour cream! Tonight, grits casserole! Just pulled some out to thaw.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO SAUCE OF ANY KIND!
I'm the same way, I gotta have my sauce! :hyper:

For lunch I had one cappuccino made with milk plus one extra spoonful of espresso. Also 2 slices of toast with Simply Nature Cashew Butter from Aldi, which was very good!

For dinner I had 2 slices of pizza from a local pizzeria-- Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Onions, Black Olives.
$11.32 for 12'' pizza, so a pretty good bargain. I forgot to put hot sauce on it! :doh:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. Pizza Hut is giving us a free large pizza with whatever we want on it. They also said thank you for reminding them of the importance of keeping meat off the vegetarian side.

I never had that problem before because usually they use the pepperoni as a divider, to divide the pizza in half, not just slop the toppings all over half-hazardly.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. Pizza Hut is giving us a free large pizza with whatever we want on it. They also said thank you for reminding them of the importance of keeping meat off the vegetarian side.

I never had that problem before because usually they use the pepperoni as a divider, to divide the pizza in half, not just slop the toppings all over half-hazardly.
I would have been so mad if they did that to me. Why would someone order half a vegetarian pizza then expect them to throw meat on both sides.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
This:
only I don't have any tofu so I'm tossing a can of garbanzos in the blender instead. And I do have broccoli, so I'm chopping that up and mixing it in before I put it in the oven. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lasagna tonight. Just have to heat it up, it was frozen from Christmas dinner.

OH, to you vegetarians and vegans...Yummly has LOTS of good vegetarian/vegan recipes! I've tried a few, and they are quite tasty! Not, I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan, but I do eat a lot of meatless meals. LOL, it seems like I do all my actual cooking when I'm offline for some reason, and when I'm here, I'm eating like a dorm rat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a falafel sandwich with tahini sauce
I never had either of those. Sounds yummy though.

For lunch I had 2 slices of toast with cinnamon honey butter on them. Also had a cup of my instant espresso with French Vanilla coffee creamer.

For dinner I had a big dinner plate of tossed salad with all the fixins-- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, red bell pepper, pecans, dried cranberries, avocado, sunflower seeds, seriously sharp cheese, hot deli peppers, and 2 TB of Thousand Island Dressing. :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For dinner I had a big dinner plate of tossed salad with all the fixins
Big dinner salads are one of my favorite go to meals! :thumbsup:

We're supposed to get a bad storm tomorrow so I'm making a big pot of veggie chili for dinner, brown rice on the side. That way there will be plenty of leftovers.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't have any of what I posted earlier except some grapes and toast.

Nicole and I went out to eat. All the cod you can eat, plus a side and salad bar.
I haven't been out to eat for so long I didn't even realize they still had salad bars.
We both had fries as our sides. You're not allowed to take home anything after
your first plate which is 2 pieces. We both ordered more but I put my piece
in my handbag, wrapped up in a few napkins, ha!! The fish was excellent and
now I'm full.🐟

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH, to you vegetarians and vegans...Yummly has LOTS of good vegetarian/vegan recipes! I've tried a few, and they are quite tasty! Not, I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan, but I do eat a lot of meatless meals. LOL, it seems like I do all my actual cooking when I'm offline for some reason, and when I'm here, I'm eating like a dorm rat.
I'm somewhat the same way, in that when I spend too much here at TCS, or just surfing the net elsewhere, my meals lean towards pathetic. But when I get away from the computer, I manage to cook up something decent,

In some ways stores now calling vegetarian/vegan food "Plant based" annoys me, but on the other hand, if it encourages non-vegetarians/vegans to try it, all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.