What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy's Burrito made with organic black beans, rice and tomatoes.
Amy's are my favorite burritos. I put hot taco sauce on them.

Hoppin John, BTW, is black-eyed peas, peppers and onions.
Sounds good. Are there any spices in it?

For lunch yesterday I had a veggie sandwich on toasted rye/pumpernickel swirl bread- this time it was mayo, hot sauce, pecans, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, swiss cheese. The pecans tasted really good with the onions, a nice surprise win. :thumbsup:
For dinner I had leftover Veggie Alfredo Fettuccini.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pasta twice today! :thumbsup:
For lunch I had Fettuccine with Pesto sauce on it.
For dinner I had leftover Veggie Fettuccine Alfredo again, with a spoonful of hot sauce on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure, maybe some kind of salad. Rick is bowling tonight and I have a hair appt this afternoon. And to be honest, a simple salad sounds rather refreshing after all the stuff we've eaten the past couple of weeks!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is clean up the leftovers night...there's a few meatballs and sauce and garlic bread,a few noodles and ribs and gravy,my shrimp quesadilla,
and part of the tamale and queso....nobody will go hungry,that's for sure!

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I indulged at the farmstand today. I'm still having kale and tofu over rice, but the kale was grown by a much more talented farmer than my illustrious self, most likely in the earth instead of in potting soil poured into a gro-sack, definitely from a different strain, and I have no idea what she does as far as fertilizer/nutes.

I've also got a chantarelle mushroom to fry it up with along with the obligatory el-cheapo Winco's tofu.

Willow and one dog are finishing their chicken wings and the other dog, who already devoured hers after I found out she was down to six pounds even at the vet's today, can have her choice of beef or mackerel.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had a veggie burger on sourdough bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, hot sauce.
I really like this sourdough bread from Aldi! Its huge and makes a great sandwich.

For dinner I had Pizza Hut pizza. My half was Mushrooms, Onions, Green Peppers, Spinach. But they got meat all over my half! This has never happened to me before in all the years I've been ordering pizza. It wasn't just a little, it was all over the sides of 2 pieces and all over the top of the 2 other pieces. I just picked it off this time, but I wasn't happy.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I sort of made up something.
I had cheddar cheese curds in the fridge that needed to be eaten, and when I went to the grocery store I saw on sale a bag of hash-brown sticks (never seen sticks before). The bacon was also on sale. So I decided to try and make a "breakfast" poutine.
It was hash-brown sticks instead of fries, covered in cheddar cheese curds and home made bacon chunks then I covered it with a thick beef gravy. It was super good! The only thing I had hoped to make to finish it off but didn't get around to it was a fried egg on half an english muffin or piece of toast. Or possibly a couple of deviled eggs. In my head breakfast needs eggs to be complete.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I indulged at the farmstand today. I'm still having kale and tofu over rice, but the kale was grown by a much more talented farmer than my illustrious self, most likely in the earth instead of in potting soil poured into a gro-sack, definitely from a different strain, and I have no idea what she does as far as fertilizer/nutes.

I've also got a chantarelle mushroom to fry it up with along with the obligatory el-cheapo Winco's tofu.

Willow and one dog are finishing their chicken wings and the other dog, who already devoured hers after I found out she was down to six pounds even at the vet's today, can have her choice of beef or mackerel.
That sounds so good. Kale and tofu is my favorite dish. I never had it with rice and I never had fresh kale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking pizza tonight. I can make the dough this morning, doesn't take long, we'll do the pizza in a cast iron pan (as per King Arthur). Nothing fancy on the pizza, I'm thinking of a hoagie pizza with shredded lettuce, chunks of tomato, some peppers, and mozz.

Status
Not open for further replies.