What's For Dinner? - 2020

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
One of our daughters came in for an extended visit and we all had something different for dinner. DH used the last piece of bbq chicken on a bakery roll for a sandwich with a baked potato, I had falafel with broccoli and our daughter, who is also a veggie lover, had 2 sweet potatoes with roasted brussel sprouts. We all had blueberries and raspberries for dessert.

Kat0121

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
Whatever Rick makes or orders as takeout. I'm not cooking tonight.
I don't blame you. You must be so over it by now.

I finished the mojo wings last night. They were good. No idea what tonight will be. Maybe I'll take out a plain chicken leg quarter and roast that. Lily didn't get any of the meat from the wings because of the marinade and made her displeasure about that very clear. Some veggies for me on the side.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Reaction score
Rick went to Arby's for take-out last night. I asked for a Reuben. And got a chicken salad sandwich. And a bad chicken salad sandwich at that. I didn't care for it at all. Rick asked for a Reuben, but the order got messed up. Ick

I found a recipe for a Tomato Galette that's been bugging me. It's time to try it.

Kat0121

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
Rick went to Arby's for take-out last night. I asked for a Reuben. And got a chicken salad sandwich. And a bad chicken salad sandwich at that. I didn't care for it at all. Rick asked for a Reuben, but the order got messed up. Ick

I found a recipe for a Tomato Galette that's been bugging me. It's time to try it.
I'm sorry. Don't you hate that? That is one of the reasons that I have stopped getting fast food. Either they mess the order up, it's not very good or both. More often than not it is a waste of money.

We did have the chicken leg quarter last night. I had some corn on the side. I have been forgiven for the wings. :lol:

I might have hot dogs for dinner. Green beans on the side I think.

klunick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score

That happens to me often. They get the rest of the family's orders right and then mess mine up. Sometimes it's fine and I deal with it. Other times when it's something I really don't want and nobody wants to trade, it's a "cereal for dinner" night for me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Aleppo chicken, I think. It's whatever from the subscription delivery I pulled out from the freezer last night. I've noticed that the meals rotate every few weeks and I've tried most of them already. I have an ear of corn to steam and have alongside dinner.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I have 3 ears of corn that have to be eaten soon. Last time I made it elote style with mayonnaise and "everything but the elote" seasoning from TJ's. That was pretty good, I'll probably do the same thing tonight. I also have some watermelon that has to be eaten soon.