What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A pineapple ham steak in the Foodi Grill tonight, along with grilled pineapple rings. And sauteed zucchini and yellow squash (from the garden! :yess: ).

lizzie lizzie This makes a gallon of iced tea. I microwave 12 cups of water (I have an old Corning glass measuring cup) and let it boil for a minute or so. Then I put 12 regular-size tea bags in the water, along with 2-3 rather large, washed sprigs of spearmint from the garden. Let it all sit for about 20 minutes or so; can go longer, if you get busy. Sugar to taste, or no sugar, if you prefer. Take the mint and tea bags out and pour into two 1/2 gallon containers and add cold water and ice. (You can strip the leaves off the mint sprigs, if you want and throw the leaves into the tea.) We live on mint tea during the summer.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
This humidity is something else!Not very hungry today,either one of us.I listed off all kinds of ideas for dinner and he wanted half a nuked potato with the chili sauce and all the fixings,so that's what we had.
The humidity is really ridiculous. I wake up every morning to fog!!! it is so humid. What happened to hot sunny dry weather?? These are tropical conditions.. I am hating the AC, but it is needed to at least take some of the humidity down.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The humidity is really ridiculous. I wake up every morning to fog!!! it is so humid. What happened to hot sunny dry weather?? These are tropical conditions.. I am hating the AC, but it is needed to at least take some of the humidity down.
I know!We do have a humidity issue in MO but it seems worse this year for some reason .Maybe I notice it more with the copd...I don't know.I absolutely live for my air conditioning,and it's not that I want it frigid...our bedroom stays right at 70 and I keep the one in the main part of the house set on 73 and they are just sucking out the water.I can handle the cold and wintry days just fine but this....ugh!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A pineapple ham steak in the Foodi Grill tonight, along with grilled pineapple rings. And sauteed zucchini and yellow squash (from the garden! :yess: ).

lizzie lizzie This makes a gallon of iced tea. I microwave 12 cups of water (I have an old Corning glass measuring cup) and let it boil for a minute or so. Then I put 12 regular-size tea bags in the water, along with 2-3 rather large, washed sprigs of spearmint from the garden. Let it all sit for about 20 minutes or so; can go longer, if you get busy. Sugar to taste, or no sugar, if you prefer. Take the mint and tea bags out and pour into two 1/2 gallon containers and add cold water and ice. (You can strip the leaves off the mint sprigs, if you want and throw the leaves into the tea.) We live on mint tea during the summer.
Thank you Ma'am!I'm gonna give it a try!Sounds wonderful!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another scorcher today and I am craving my oriental broth and noodles.Go figure!He wanted chicken sandwiches,so that took care of the rest of the chicken I roasted the other day,and I made bread today so he got his on fresh homemade bread.I made my broth and put brown rice noodles in it and had a bowl for dinner.Scratching my head...I must be lacking something I guess!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The humidity is really ridiculous.
:yeah: I'm with you, heat and humidity not a pleasant combination. I agree with lizzie lizzie that this year it seems worse than usual. :agree: I'll take winter over summer like this any day of the week. Not much of an appetite here either.

I made DH bbq chicken so he could have leftovers for sandwiches and I made a veggie bowl with brown rice for me. Our supply of coconut milk ice cream sandwiches and almond fudge bars are the only food that makes me happy right now. 😉

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're doing a vegetarian stir-fry over fried brown rice for dinner tonight.

I'm starting to have a difficult time with the humidity, too. I love summer, but the humidity right now is simply sucking the life out of us. We have a mountain across the road from us, way off into the distance. We can see how humid it is, just by looking at the mountain. When we can see it clearly, there's very little humidity. But when it "disappears" we're in trouble. And we haven't seen the mountain in quite a few days now. It's just miserable. Even the cats feel it, esp Tabby.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good for you! :thumbsup: If you take a pic you can post it in the Quarantine Baking thread, (hint, hint).
TOO LATE! The word spread, the locusts descended, and there is nothing left but crumbs! I'll bake it again next month when I go shopping, and do that. I cheat, and start with a cake mix. There are no actual bananas involved, just banana extract and banana pudding mix! MAJOR easy! Sunday I'm going to bake a walnut cake with maple glaze. I'll get a photo of that one.

Tonight I'm going to cheat, and have a roast beef sandwich. With cheddar cheese. Unfortunately, I'll have to make do with wheat bread. I really prefer roast beef on pumpernickle, unless it's a hot open-faced sandwich with gravy, when I prefer toasted white bread.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to go to town and get haircuts today,so we decided while we were in town to stop by Sonic.I was more thirsty than anything so I got an orange cream slush and a corn dog and he got a chicken sandwich and a small chocolate shake.Basically that was dinner even though quite early.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had good intentions, with the plan to make something healthy last night, then I ended up weeding in the garden, came in too late and starving, so settled for Gardein Chick'n Strips and Fries, with an apple for dessert.

Hopefully tonight I'll make something better.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Boneless pork chops in the Foodi Grill with hasselback potatoes, also in the Foodi Grill. Sauteed green and yellow squash with a sprinkle of Tuscan Seasoning. I'm trying to figure out if it's too warm to turn the oven on to make bread pudding.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I roasted a couple of chicken thighs. The cats and I shared one. Lilith is so funny. She loves chicken and shrieks like a little banshee until she gets her share. I have to pull some of the meat off, cut it into pieces and let it start to cool before she starts in. Sophie watches all of this from across the room. She wants some but I am expected to bring it to her. As soon as Lily is done, I deliver some to Sophie. Then I am allowed to have some. The second one will be for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.