What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd KILL for a chicken pot pie right now, but they're as rare as toilet paper in my local stores. Guess 'cause they're quick, easy lunches for kids not in school. Or comfort food.
I have one in my freezer, maybe I'll have it for a late breakfast.

Ended up having another pbj for dinner. I also had Lay's Pill Pickle Potato chips, so good.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered a taco salad from a new place tonight. I actually went to the restaurant first, but didn't see anyone in it and it's on the 2nd floor, so I got anxious and ended up not going in. I hate going to places for the first time on my own, especially if no one else is there (because being the foreigner around bored employees means sometimes they just sit and watch you eat...) I remembered I saw it on a delivery app and went home to order from there. It arrived within 20 minutes! It was decent, totally American-style. I'd probably order it again in a pinch. It used to be really hard to get Mexican food in Korea, but now I've got a bunch of options nearby. Still can't compete with my favorite taqueria back home, but that's to be expected.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was pulled pork sandwich on a nice roll, lightly toasted first, broccoli on the side. I baked chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon so that was dessert.

Tonight I am thinking chicken schnitzle with rice, not sure of vegetables yet. I do have cauliflower but that's white and so is the rice. Maybe add carrots, for color. And there are still cookies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our Easter dinner this afternoon will be an apricot-glazed ham with roasted sweet potatoes, pineapple stuffing, and baked corn. I made pickled red beet eggs yesterday for today. Our dessert will be a hot milk sponge cake with chocolate frosting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had the same pasta casserole as yesterday. I overcooked it. 👎

For dinner I had a frittata made with eggs, potatoes, garlic, onion, red bell pepper, asparagus, peas, carrots, cottage cheese, regular cheese, parsley garlic salt, ketchup on top.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will wait to see how this turns out. Made a marinade of garlic crushed with salt, then added ground achiote, ground cumin, dried oregano, freshly ground black pepper. Add 3 Tablespoons each red wine vinegar and orange juice. Supposed to be freshly squeezed juice so I will add some clementine peel zest.

The recipe then calls for cubing pork shoulder, marinating, skewering, broiling. I will use the boneless spareribs, cubed. Will use all of them and see how leftovers go, shredded and in tacos.

Sides . . . I have some salsa verde in the refrigerator. Maybe turn black beans (canned) into refried beans.

Stay tuned for an after-dinner report, perhaps as late as tomorrow.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Will wait to see how this turns out. Made a marinade of garlic crushed with salt, then added ground achiote, ground cumin, dried oregano, freshly ground black pepper. Add 3 Tablespoons each red wine vinegar and orange juice. Supposed to be freshly squeezed juice so I will add some clementine peel zest.

The recipe then calls for cubing pork shoulder, marinating, skewering, broiling. I will use the boneless spareribs, cubed. Will use all of them and see how leftovers go, shredded and in tacos.

Sides . . . I have some salsa verde in the refrigerator. Maybe turn black beans (canned) into refried beans.

Stay tuned for an after-dinner report, perhaps as late as tomorrow.
That sounds amazing

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mexican Dinner_2020-04_grilled pork.jpg
The grilled pork was good. Don't know about using leftovers for tacos. I don't think there's enough left. The refried beans (canned black beans, pureed, with chopped onion sauteed in bacon fat, topped with the bacon and queso fresca) was too dry. Salsa verde was very nice with the pork. And the Negra Modelo we had picked up curbside on Saturday was of course just right to accompany the meal.
Mexican Dinner_2020-04_grilled pork, refired beans, salsa verde.jpg

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Was going to have black bean noodles (jjajangmyeon) for dinner tonight to celebrate single's day here, but now that I have drum lessons, I don't have time to eat dinner until after. I could go to the 24hr place near me that does it, but I like the vegan version so much that I might just wait until tomorrow night. Will throw off the obligatory instagram post, but oh well. Not sure what I'll have for dinner then. Might be able to get Pad Thai delivered at that time (will probably be about 10:30p) or the Subway is open til 11.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Negra Modelo
Is that a dark beer?

For lunch I had the rest of that Frittata and finished up the banana ketchup.

For dinner I made a single serving of my enchilada casserole. I left the aluminum foil off this time and it cooked much better! I also used store bought seasoned bread crumbs this time and they were wonderful! Much better than the ones I tried to make by crushing up crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.