What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I had my homemade German potato salad (no mayo!), 4 cherry tomatoes for some color and a chicken schnitzel. Could not eat the whole schnitzel so left it for later and 2 hours later I picked it up cold and munched on that without anything else but a glass of White Zinfandel from Trader Joe's which is really more of a rose and served as dessert as it is quite sweet. Plenty of salad left for the next two days.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had Chinese tonight. Vegetable soup, vegetable fried rice and two spring rolls. I got enough for about 4 or 5 meals.
I love spring rolls and could make an entire meal out of them! 👍

DH asked me to make a pasta casserole for dinner tonight
The pasta casserole will have to wait until tomorrow night which is probably just as well since we're supposed to get severe storms so it will be a nice comfort food meal. Instead I made scrambled eggs with green onions, red peppers, zucchini and a little swiss cheese for me. DH had leftover chicken teriyaki from the other night with yukon gold potatoes and salad.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hot dogs. Guess what with!

You know, it occurs to me that I seldom crave a particular food, but I DO crave condiments! That's what drives my food choices. If I were out of hot dogs, I'd be just as happy with a toasted cheese and onion sandwich. Craving tartar sauce, grab the fish sticks. Honey mustard? OOH! A CHOICE! Either corn dogs OR chicken nuggets. Sour cream? Taquitos or chimichangas. And I eat salads mostly for the dressings, even though I don't use a lot of dressing on any one salad. Yep, I'm condiment driven! In fact, if it were socially acceptable, and not medically inadvisable, I could almost live on the condiments themselves.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was make a gigundo batch of chicken stock day,so all of my stashes came out of the freezers in the house...turns out I had a turkey carcass and also some smoked chicken legs from the neighbor,and I got busy.By the time all was said and done,I put 7 qts. in the freezer and made a batch of chicken stew,so I had to make biscuits,and that was dinner.I picked a plate of bits of chicken and put that down for kitties to have a treat and only 3...Donnie,Whiskers and Mama were interested.Boy did they enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I need to make stock; we only have a couple quarts of chicken stock and one quart of turkey stock and the turkey stock needs to be used (probably in turkey/chicken and noodle soup) sometime this coming week.

Tonight's dinner? Whatever Rick wants to make is fine with me!

I confess that I'm starting to get a little tired of constantly making dinner. I know, I'm retired, it won't kill me, and so on. But dang. I'd kill for a McD's quarter pounder about now. Rick mentioned on Wednesday that he really needs a hot sausage sandwich from our farmers' market. I said that I'd make him a hot sausage sandwich with plenty of onions. His response? "But it's not the same!" Snot.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having an assortment of Stouffer's frozen meals.
Monday-Mac&Cheese, green beans
Tuesday-Two stuffed peppers and a green salad
Wednesday-Meat Loaf and Mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday
-Lean Cuisine Pasta and Marinara with 3 cheeses, it was awful! I think
because it could only be cooked in the microwave? and peanut butter thumbprint cookies
On Wednesday I had Caylee pick me up a piece of Peanut Butter Chocolate pie
topped with bits of Reese's peanut butter cups, from Bob Evans. It was amazing!
Yesterday I had a huge salad from Bob Evans. Their Chicken salad with Fireranch
dressing, pieces of chicken breast, corn, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and sharp cheddar cheese,
So good!! It's almost a quart! I ate it in stages, lol.

Not sure about tonight. For brekkie I had a Stouffer's fettuccine alfredo frozen dinner.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been having an assortment of Stouffer's frozen meals.
Monday-Mac&Cheese, green beans
Tuesday-Two stuffed peppers and a green salad
Wednesday-Meat Loaf and Mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday
-Lean Cuisine Pasta and Marinara with 3 cheeses, it was awful! I think
because it could only be cooked in the microwave? and peanut butter thumbprint cookies
On Wednesday I had Caylee pick me up a piece of Peanut Butter Chocolate pie
topped with bits of Reese's peanut butter cups, from Bob Evans. It was amazing!
Yesterday I had a huge salad from Bob Evans. Their Chicken salad with Fireranch
dressing, pieces of chicken breast, corn, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and sharp cheddar cheese,
So good!! It's almost a quart! I ate it in stages, lol.

Not sure about tonight. For brekkie I had a Stouffer's fettuccine alfredo frozen dinner.
I love Stouffers. Their Mac and cheese is the best store bought of all. I had their fettuccine Alfredo last week after not having it for ages and it was good . I like their corn soufflé a lot and their harvest apples are great too.

I might get a sub from jimmy johns tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.