What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like they are finally giving you more protein! Sounds yummy too. Is it called Succotash?

Lunch: 1 microwave almond poppyseed muffin.
Succotash is lima beans and corn. They gave me tomatoes, lima beans and corn.
Your almond poppyseed muffin sounds good. I am going to have to ask my brother to check out the muffins at Wegmans. The only savory muffins I could ever find was corn muffins.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On Wednesday night, Rick got delivery pizza, sausage and green peppers. Last night, he had leftover pizza and I made a peanut butter sandwich. To be fair, he was going to grill ham and do fried potatoes. I didn't feel like either, hence the leftover pizza and the sandwich.

Not sure about tonight. Whatever he makes.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:i might have shot myself in the foot just now i asked the gf if she would like pork fried rice, grilled salmon and veggies for dinner since its her last day of residency she said maybe pick up somthing instead BUT know its a trap cause all the nearby food places are by clothing stores. so i am already knowing she will tell me "i wanna look at some clothes" de stress therapy shopping she calls it:lol:gonna be a long day for me.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only tried it a couple times on sandwiches. I'll get some in our next Aldi order and give it a try on chips and crackers. Thanks!
Aldi usually has good brands of hummus. I don't like Sabra though (the kind most stores have).

If you have a food processor, you can make your own hummus quickly and easily, and then you can tweak the recipe based on how much garlic, lemon, tahini, etc. you like. I like more garlic, usual amount of lemon, and less tahini than what the recipe calls for. The secret to making it smooth is to drizzle the oil/tahini mix in very very slowly; if you just dump everything together it'll be gritty and clumpy.
Cook's Illustrated Restaurant-Style Hummus | Food.com

Anyway now that I thought of it, that's what I'm going to have for dinner! 😁🤤

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
basmati rice
I had basmati rice for the first time the other night. I don't really notice a difference in taste between the types of rices.

baguette.
I want to try a baguette soon, they look so yummy. I would rather have bread than cake!

or an egg burger.
What is an egg burger? Like an egg mcmuffin? That gardein vegetarian turkey looks good! Red french dressing is better though.

I like more garlic, usual amount of lemon, and less tahini than what the recipe calls for.
Thanks. I have all that stuff except for tahini, never tried it.

Breakfast: Not sure how healthy, but I made a snack plate for breakfast! Crackers, 2 types of almond butter, regular butter, sweet potato chips, diced up Aldi lavender espresso cheese, and a spoonful of lemon sugar. Snack plates are fun! :cheerleader:

Lunch: Friendly's Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream. :lol: No, I don't plan on doing this forever. I realize it's crazy.

Dinner: Potato vegetable soup with sriracha sauce, parmesan cheese & saltine crackers sprinkled on top. Here's where it gets weird- I crumbled up a little crumbcake on top. It actually tasted pretty good, like a really sweet cornbread. My mother yells out "Grow up! You don't put cake in your soup!" :lol:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I decided to try a grain bowl at the restaurant near work. It always smells sooo good just walking by. They have "create your own bowl" with lots of options. I chose saffron rice, harissa honey chicken, tzatziki sauce, fire roasted corn, yogurt dill sauce. It was :yummy::yummy: A little pricey, though.

20201120_144920[1].jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to try a grain bowl at the restaurant near work.
That looks so good! How much do they cost? I want to try making some vegetarian bowls. They seem so satisfying.

If you have unsweetened nut/seed butter of any kind you can use that instead.
I have a billion nut butters, but all have sugar & oil, cause that's the type I like.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks so good! How much do they cost? I want to try making some vegetarian bowls. They seem so satisfying.

Depends on the bowl and what options you choose. Looks like it starts at $10.47. There are vegetarian options and salads.

Status
Not open for further replies.