What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I threw some frozen meatballs, peas, brown rice and pizza sauce in a pan. It was good :)
It sounds good. And substitute my veggie balls for the meatballs, and voila, a vegetarian meal. :)

Browned up some onions, added some mushrooms, soaked with roasted pepper tomato soup, and tossed the mess on top of a few spinach & cheeeeeese! raviolis. Added some steamed broccoli for green stuff.
Also sounds good. And also vegetarian. :)

Walmart's frozen cheese pizza
And another vegetarian meal. :)

Two nights ago I had pasta and broccoli with bottled pasta sauce. Last night was mushroom pizza on naan bread, with salad. And tonight, I think I'm going to make a lentil loaf.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our ham and bean soup was really good last night. I had a large can of great northern beans in the basement pantry, so I used that instead of dried beans. Made the prep a lot quicker. And I used a bit of chicken stock from the freezer instead of just plain water. Good soup. There's enough left over for Rick's lunch on Monday.

There is a recipe for Mustardy Apple Butter Glazed Pork Chops in this issue of Cook's Illustrated that I'm trying tonight. Apple butter, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar. What's not to like? I think I'll slice some Grannies, throw them into a pan and make apple steaks to go with the chops. And make the rice pilaf that I didn't make last week.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to have a steak last night but wasn't feeling up to it. I think I'll have it tonight. I caught whatever bug is going around here. If I do make the steak, the girls and I will share it and I'll have some kind of veggie with it. Asparagus sounds good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use mason jar lids for pie pans.
Well, that's kinda genius for cooking for one! I actually started a thread for that, but it went dormant. If you post it there, maybe things will perk up again. Or don't. My feelings won't be hurt a bit.

Tonight...um. Dunno. I'm leaning toward peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I seem to have amassed an inordinate amount of jams and preserves, and SHOULD use them!

Status
Not open for further replies.