What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats get one half of the dining room table, humans get the other half, that's how it works... I wash the Mexican blanket every so often, or just swap it out and wash the dirty one later. My cats are like my kids, so I don't mind their eating at the table... they don't usually eat there when human guests are present, they're too shy around strangers, but they'll jump up and mack while I'm sitting at the table. Little Miss Mulligan has been bugging me for scraps lately as I eat, and since she was practically starving when I rescued her I've been giving her cuts off my own plate by putting them in a saucer... I know this is reinforcing bad behavior, but one look in her eyes and I'm lost, LOL. Meh, I place her saucer far enough away from MY plate to be safe, and I don't let her get too close to my plate either, otherwise I'm not worried about it. As for the delicious turkey soup, I took it one step farther yesterday and made a casserole out of it, baking it again with some other leftovers added... small quantities of mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, I even topped it with Muenster Cheese & Baby Swiss, and it was HEAVENLY, LOL. I think I took photos last night while I was drunk, lemme check my computer files:

View attachment 311723 View attachment 311725

I have plenty left too, I'll be macking it tonight as I watch a movie or some surf films, LOL. CHEERS!!! 🏄‍♂️

Manana, the employee Christmas party at work, nonalcoholic of course since we'll all be on the clock, but with plenty of good free food... tamales are part of the menu, and in this corner of Arizona, right by New Mexico and all those good chili peppers out of Hatch & Deming, the Mexican food is mighty tasty. I'll skip breakfast, maybe just have a little fruit smoothie after my hot cider or tea, that way I'll be ready to feast on the offerings at the table, LOL. 🥗 🥘 🍲 😋
Your cats are spoiled. I never had a cat that would get up on the table.

Your casserole looks delicious. You must be a gourmet cook.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The pizza we were going to have last night will be served tonight instead. We had some errands to run as soon as I got home from work yesterday and didn't get home until later. Rick wasn't hungry, so I heated up a can of soup for my dinner. Since he's bowling early tonight, pizza will work.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A friend treated me to lunch at a new Japanese restaurant yesterday so I was too stuffed for dinner. It was unbelievably delicious.
Meeting friends for dinner tonight and not sure what I'll order since the restaurant is not overly veggie friendly. I would eat something light before but got home too late. Oh well......

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just leftover turkey tonight. The supermarket had a rotisserie turkey breast so I decided to give it a try. It's ok but a little dry.

What can I use as a substitute for cream cheese? I have a recipe for a slow cooker spaghetti squash Alfredo. All the ingredients go into the pot with the spaghetti squash. I don't like cream cheese :barf: Can I use creme fraiche? :think:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We weren't impressed with the sandwiches. I asked Rick what he thought and he just said, "Eh, they're OK. If you don't want to make them again, I wouldn't be upset" meaning he didn't really care for them either. I used the CC recipe.

Tonight? It's not delivery; it's Digiorno's. Probably.
Pam, what didn't you like about the CC sandwiches? To me they just seem like a cheese burger formed into the shape of
a hoagie bun but with more stuff.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.