What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just added some "SLAP YA MAMA" seasoning to my turkey soup... pretty soon I'll fish out the bones and start adding the fresh veggies, WOOHOO!!! The aroma in my kitchen is already heavenly, but this is a big bird so it's taking a little longer than usual. No worries, I have nothing but time, this Georgia-LSU game is turning into a blowout (Tigers stomping the Bulldogs, LOL) but I'm looking forward to the Virginia-Clemson match, THAT may be the best game of the day despite the excellent Baylor-Oklahoma match which aired earlier. Here's a pic of the latest seasoning for my soup, LOL...

IMG_6568.JPG

LOL... it's not bad, and it's hard for a cook to mess up homemade turkey soup, 10-4??? ;)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Potato bread? Sounds interesting. Did you make it?

I had a variation of that myself. And just happened to take a picture. :biggrin:

IKEA veggie balls and whole wheat macaroni with a "Cheez Whiz" sauce.
View attachment 311003
Potato bread? Sounds interesting. Did you make it?

I had a variation of that myself. And just happened to take a picture. :biggrin:

IKEA veggie balls and whole wheat macaroni with a "Cheez Whiz" sauce.
View attachment 311003
Yes I did make it myself.I bake my own bread just about every week,and every once in awhile I like to try something different.I had leftover mashed potatoes,so when I made bread,in they went.Yummy!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Clemson game is a blowout, so I'm watching the Ohio-Wisconsin match, much better for true football fans, LOL. Soup is FINALLY done, but I'm relaxing again while waiting for both pots to cool... truth be told, I've snacked on choice turkey bits, fresh veggies, "taster" spoonfuls of soup, etc., so I'm not exactly starving, yeah? However, I'll have one tight bowl of finished soup before I crash, along with a buttered roll... Kerrygold Butter, I love that stuff, along with that butter from Finland which I also buy at times. 🐄

This Buckeyes-Badgers game is pretty good, I lose interest in blowouts for all the obvious reasons. I'll "sleep in" till 0730 or 0800 manana, so I can stay up a little longer... I'm a big boy, and oh, yeah, I also own the house free & clear, LOL. It may not be some ridiculous Bel Air McMansion, but it's "Home, Sweet Home" with a better view than those Bel Air chumps will EVER have... thick smog or primo views of the Stronghold, it's a no-brainer, "I'LL TAKE THE STRONGHOLD FOR $500, ALEX!!!" :flail:

Whoa, the Buckeyes just pulled ahead for real, but the Badgers still have a shot, I like this sort of game because everything is on the line, LOL. I should also add that I like both teams, so let the best team win under pressure... those pesky Buckeyes are going strong right now, and the Badgers have to step up or they'll wind up losing. Hey, here are some shots of kittehs, soup, etc., the kittehs all ate some warm turkey bits as I was working in the kitchen, so they're happy campers, "10-DASH-FO'???" 🏕

IMG_6592.JPG IMG_6593.JPG IMG_6595.JPG IMG_6596.JPG IMG_6597.JPG IMG_6600.JPG IMG_6601.JPG IMG_6602.JPG IMG_6603.JPG IMG_6604.JPG IMG_6605.JPG IMG_6606.JPG

Look how BIG Tiger is compared to Phoenix & Little Miss Mulligan... Tiger's a big boy, LOL. He could probably take both those youngsters, one in each paw, and knock their heads together, but we all know he's a peaceful kitteh, except when he goes round the bend and starts rolling youngsters like a strong-armed robber, LOL. Anyway, I'm enjoying my game, when all football is over for the night I'll MACK HARD & CRASH... till then, I chillax with a cold beer and watch my favorite team sport. Well, I like Olympic Bobsledding too, since I'm an old school vertical skateboarder, but how often does THAT come around? Meh, football will do tonight... soup looks good, doesn't it? Tastes even better, I assure you. 🍜 No chopsticks required, LOL.

Edit: Stick a fork in the Badgers, I think they're done, LOL... now I'm watching the Hawaii-Boise State game, they're playing on that funky blue AstroTurf or whatever it is. I wonder if that calms down the players, BWAHAHAHAHA!!! "OMMMMM!!!" ☸

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A chopped cheese sandwich has hamburger in it? 😲
Yes, this particular recipe does call for hamburger and American cheese. Sounds weird, doesn't it? But it also really sounds good and I want to try it, too.

Our dinner was good last night. Instead of making my vegetable rice, Rick asked for twice-baked loaded potatoes to go with our steak. Yum. I didn't get the potatoes mashed enough, though, and they had some lumps. But they still tasted good.

For tonight, I'm thinking of pan-fried pork chops with a bit of onion gravy. Not sure of sides yet. I got the pork chops from the freezer last night and threw them in the fridge to thaw. I have one quart of canned peaches left, so thinking of throwing together peach cobbler.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pork butt I pulled out of the deep freeze Friday night is still frozen in the center, but soft enough on the ends to slice off a "chunk" for a pork dish this evening. I'll slow-braise a bit early afternoon. Thinking about making some pasta with a cream cheese and mushroom sauce with green beans and carrots added to the mix. Sort of a pulled pork stroganoff with veggies? French bread toast on the side.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clemson game is a blowout, so I'm watching the Ohio-Wisconsin match, much better for true football fans, LOL. Soup is FINALLY done, but I'm relaxing again while waiting for both pots to cool... truth be told, I've snacked on choice turkey bits, fresh veggies, "taster" spoonfuls of soup, etc., so I'm not exactly starving, yeah? However, I'll have one tight bowl of finished soup before I crash, along with a buttered roll... Kerrygold Butter, I love that stuff, along with that butter from Finland which I also buy at times. 🐄

This Buckeyes-Badgers game is pretty good, I lose interest in blowouts for all the obvious reasons. I'll "sleep in" till 0730 or 0800 manana, so I can stay up a little longer... I'm a big boy, and oh, yeah, I also own the house free & clear, LOL. It may not be some ridiculous Bel Air McMansion, but it's "Home, Sweet Home" with a better view than those Bel Air chumps will EVER have... thick smog or primo views of the Stronghold, it's a no-brainer, "I'LL TAKE THE STRONGHOLD FOR $500, ALEX!!!" :flail:

Whoa, the Buckeyes just pulled ahead for real, but the Badgers still have a shot, I like this sort of game because everything is on the line, LOL. I should also add that I like both teams, so let the best team win under pressure... those pesky Buckeyes are going strong right now, and the Badgers have to step up or they'll wind up losing. Hey, here are some shots of kittehs, soup, etc., the kittehs all ate some warm turkey bits as I was working in the kitchen, so they're happy campers, "10-DASH-FO'???" 🏕

View attachment 311196 View attachment 311197 View attachment 311198 View attachment 311199 View attachment 311200 View attachment 311201 View attachment 311202 View attachment 311203 View attachment 311204 View attachment 311206 View attachment 311207 View attachment 311208

Look how BIG Tiger is compared to Phoenix & Little Miss Mulligan... Tiger's a big boy, LOL. He could probably take both those youngsters, one in each paw, and knock their heads together, but we all know he's a peaceful kitteh, except when he goes round the bend and starts rolling youngsters like a strong-armed robber, LOL. Anyway, I'm enjoying my game, when all football is over for the night I'll MACK HARD & CRASH... till then, I chillax with a cold beer and watch my favorite team sport. Well, I like Olympic Bobsledding too, since I'm an old school vertical skateboarder, but how often does THAT come around? Meh, football will do tonight... soup looks good, doesn't it? Tastes even better, I assure you. 🍜 No chopsticks required, LOL.

Edit: Stick a fork in the Badgers, I think they're done, LOL... now I'm watching the Hawaii-Boise State game, they're playing on that funky blue AstroTurf or whatever it is. I wonder if that calms down the players, BWAHAHAHAHA!!! "OMMMMM!!!" ☸
Your kitties are beautiful and the soup looks good, also. Do your cats always eat off the table? LOL. I had a cat that loved turkey.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes I did make it myself.I bake my own bread just about every week,and every once in awhile I like to try something different.I had leftover mashed potatoes,so when I made bread,in they went.Yummy!
Sounds interesting. I must try making bread sometime. 🍞

Yes, this particular recipe does call for hamburger and American cheese. Sounds weird, doesn't it? But it also really sounds good and I want to try it, too.
It does sound weird. ;) And since I'm vegetarian, not something I'd be interested in. :ohwell:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Jon surprised me the other night and requested a veggie stir fry=but I added Chicken. One of our local grocery stores has these HUGE rotisserie chickens for 9 bucks..which is a huge pan full of chicken.

I used this Kao P sauce from Hannafords-basically a blend of several sauces they use in stir fries and used terriaki sauce too..cut up onions, broc, red pepper, cauliflower and shredded carrots. Added a ton of garlic and cooked that with onions for 10 minutes, then add the chicken, then veggies and added chicken stock to steam the veggies. I also cooked some farro which is in the grain family and has 6 grams of protein-it absorbs the flavors of what you cook with it-kind of a brown rice type texture and I didn't tell him it was in it-he doesn't like eating strange foods-but the room was dark with the TV on, so didn't tell him..later he said it was yummy so just smiled, got him to eat something healthy..

I made it last week and had more veggies than this time-next time gonna try chinese cabbage-I love pan fried chinese cabbage with bean sprouts and veggies/sauce.

I love reading everyone's dinners-gives me ideas as I am often stuck on eating the same thing every day.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your kitties are beautiful and the soup looks good, also. Do your cats always eat off the table? LOL. I had a cat that loved turkey.
The cats get one half of the dining room table, humans get the other half, that's how it works... I wash the Mexican blanket every so often, or just swap it out and wash the dirty one later. My cats are like my kids, so I don't mind their eating at the table... they don't usually eat there when human guests are present, they're too shy around strangers, but they'll jump up and mack while I'm sitting at the table. Little Miss Mulligan has been bugging me for scraps lately as I eat, and since she was practically starving when I rescued her I've been giving her cuts off my own plate by putting them in a saucer... I know this is reinforcing bad behavior, but one look in her eyes and I'm lost, LOL. Meh, I place her saucer far enough away from MY plate to be safe, and I don't let her get too close to my plate either, otherwise I'm not worried about it. As for the delicious turkey soup, I took it one step farther yesterday and made a casserole out of it, baking it again with some other leftovers added... small quantities of mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, I even topped it with Muenster Cheese & Baby Swiss, and it was HEAVENLY, LOL. I think I took photos last night while I was drunk, lemme check my computer files:

IMG_6798.JPG IMG_6799.JPG

I have plenty left too, I'll be macking it tonight as I watch a movie or some surf films, LOL. CHEERS!!! 🏄‍♂️

Manana, the employee Christmas party at work, nonalcoholic of course since we'll all be on the clock, but with plenty of good free food... tamales are part of the menu, and in this corner of Arizona, right by New Mexico and all those good chili peppers out of Hatch & Deming, the Mexican food is mighty tasty. I'll skip breakfast, maybe just have a little fruit smoothie after my hot cider or tea, that way I'll be ready to feast on the offerings at the table, LOL. 🥗 🥘 🍲 😋

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to try the chopped cheese sandwiches tonight.
We weren't impressed with the sandwiches. I asked Rick what he thought and he just said, "Eh, they're OK. If you don't want to make them again, I wouldn't be upset" meaning he didn't really care for them either. I used the CC recipe.

Tonight? It's not delivery; it's Digiorno's. Probably.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We weren't impressed with the sandwiches. I asked Rick what he thought and he just said, "Eh, they're OK. If you don't want to make them again, I wouldn't be upset" meaning he didn't really care for them either. I used the CC recipe.

Tonight? It's not delivery; it's Digiorno's. Probably.
That's disappointing. Cook's Country is usually so reliable.

No idea what dinner will be. Last night I had baked chicken wings with some sweet heat BBQ rub sprinkled on and some celery with caesar dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.