What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lentil Vegetable & Kale soup tonight with a Parmesan & Leek croissant on the side. Red seedless grapes and Honeycrisp apple for dessert.
Your soup sounds delicious!
I agree. :yummy: And it reminds me I have a Lentil Vegetable and Spinach recipe that I should dust off and make again soon.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last night was a frozen pizza. :dunno: I haven't really cooked since Thanksgiving. I think I burned out a bit on that last week. I'll have to get my act together next week. We may be going out tonight for dinner.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY! I'm SO behind. But I am reading, I promise! I was gone a few days helping a neighbor with an issue. And since I'm still exhausted, and since Pizza Hut has a 50% off online orders special going, I'm having a Philly Cheese steak pizza delivered at 8 this evening! That'll be supper for tonight AND tomorrow night!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
he had a piece of homemade potato bread
Potato bread? Sounds interesting. Did you make it?

A favorite but not indulged in so much lately, Kraft Mac and cheese and hotdogs :)
I had a variation of that myself. And just happened to take a picture. :biggrin:

IKEA veggie balls and whole wheat macaroni with a "Cheez Whiz" sauce.
IMG_0068.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom How was your chopped cheese sandwich? I saw that in Cooks Country and have been tempted to try it.

I took a steak out of the freezer this morning and put it in the microwave to thaw. After an hour, I'll throw it in the fridge to finish thawing. Even though it's cold outside, it's not supposed to rain. Rick said he'd do the steak on the grill. I'll make some vegetable rice with brown rice and maybe some limas.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last night was a frozen pizza. :dunno: I haven't really cooked since Thanksgiving. I think I burned out a bit on that last week. I'll have to get my act together next week. We may be going out tonight for dinner.
Plans changed and I cooked yesterday! I made turkey soup. No clue for tonight. I'm on my own so may have soemthing tasty delivered.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to caramelize some sweet onion and Honeycrisp apples with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. Last night I moved a pork butt roast from the freezer to the fridge, but it's still frozen solid. I figured the ends would thaw enough to slice some bits off to go with the apples, but no....maybe tomorrow on the pork.

So, main course is probably going to be a shaved roast beef lunch meat and provolone open-faced sandwich on French bread.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To speed up defrosting without the use of a microwave place the frozen whatever-it-is on something aluminum, at room temperature. Aluminum transfers heat/cold efficiently. I have an aluminum omelet pan (at least that's what I use it for) for smaller things, a non-stick coated aluminum griddle for larger things. Thick things like the pork butt, orange&white orange&white , need to be turned over periodically.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the pork were just for me, I'd thaw at room temp (or in a sink of cold water), but 90% will go into a batch of raw pet food. I prefer to keep the meat for pet food as cold as possible, even chopping while still a bit frosty, to keep down potential bacteria. It gets chopped, mixed, put into small tubs, and refrozen in one-day containers which have to thaw again in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.