What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Dempsters, and probably not available outside of Canada.
Dempster's 100% Whole Grain Oatmeal Brown | Dempsters
M maggiedemi Have you tried Dave's Killer Bread? It's really good. They have a lot of varieties. All whole grain.

Our Products — Dave's Killer Bread | Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified Whole Grain Bread

I have tried the 21 Whole Grains & Seeds (green bag) and the Powerseed (red bag). Both delicious. If you're looking for an oat bread, this might fit the bill. Oats 'N' Blues — Dave's Killer Bread | Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified Whole Grain Bread

They sell it at Wal Mart and most grocery stores. Where to Buy — Dave's Killer Bread | Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified Whole Grain Bread

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner tonight will be a veggie quinoa burger on a bakery roll with hummus, slices of tomato, zucchini, red pepper and spring mix lettuce. Broccoli on the side. Dessert will be a slice of chocolate chip banana bread that I baked the other day.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Have you tried Dave's Killer Bread? It's really good. They have a lot of varieties. All whole grain.

Our Products — Dave's Killer Bread | Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified Whole Grain Bread

I have tried the 21 Whole Grains & Seeds (green bag) and the Powerseed (red bag). Both delicious. If you're looking for an oat bread, this might fit the bill. Oats 'N' Blues — Dave's Killer Bread | Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified Whole Grain Bread

They sell it at Wal Mart and most grocery stores. Where to Buy — Dave's Killer Bread | Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified Whole Grain Bread
I love Dave's Killer Bread. I like the green bag. My B/L works for them here in Maryland.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he bowls tonight
They just closed the last bowling alley here. I used to love going bowling as a kid. It was affordable then, but I read that it got expensive recently. I haven't been in years.

Last night I had an Amy's vegetarian burrito. It was pretty good! It had pinto beans, brown rice. It said it had onions and bell peppers, but I couldn't see them. They must have chopped them really small. I think the outer wrap was whole wheat too, so bonus points for that. I put taco sauce on it. I ordered it online and they accidentally sent me a case instead of one bottle! So now I have a lifetime supply of taco sauce. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Dave's Killer Bread? It's really good. They have a lot of varieties. All whole grain.
No, but I might have seen it. Is that the bread that's $5 a loaf? If so, I will try it if it goes on sale. It sounds delicious! :yummy:

Dinner tonight will be a veggie quinoa burger on a bakery roll with hummus
Did you make the quinoa burgers yourself? I'll have to try hummus, but I've just been putting the whole beans on my sandwich.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I had a burger and onion rings from the Valley Cafe. Their burgers are huge it ended
up costing $15.00. They use ground filet and they are great but I only got 5 onion rings. I ate
1/4 of the burger at 10:00am, they serve anything, anytime. Around 4:00pm I had another 1/4
of the burger.The Micky Dee's is closed for remodeling. I could've have 2 McDoubles, fries, and
a drink for about $5.00. Oh well, lessons learned.

Rest of the burger soon for brekkie.

I plan on a big romaine salad with carrots and cabbage with blue cheese dressing later.

Winchester Winchester I'm drooling for your mac and cheese :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Did you make the quinoa burgers yourself? I'll have to try hummus, but I've just been putting the whole beans on my sandwich.
No, I have to give the credit for the yummy quinoa burgers to Trader Joe's. ;) Hummus is my go to spread and dip for everything and it has some great health benefits. If you decide to try it be sure to check the label and buy a brand that does not contain preservatives. You can also make your own hummus: How to Make Hummus That Tastes Better Than Store-Bought

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My daughter loves this quick and simple recipe for black bean burgers:
Easy Vegan Black Bean Burgers (6 ingredients, 15 minutes)
I made these tonight, with the following changes:
1) used 19 oz can of black beans instead of 15 oz can
2) used 1/4 cup finely diced onion instead of onion powder
3) used 2 cloves of garlic instead of garlic powder
4) put 3 tablespoons of ketchup instead of 2
5) put 1 1/2 tablespoons of mustard instead of 1

Oh, and I made 6 patties, instead of 4.

They turned out well. But, unfortunately, did still fall apart while I was eating them. Maybe due to my modifications. Or maybe because I piled too much on top of them - lettuce, onion, tomato. I tried to take a pic, but didn't turn out well. I'll probably have another one for lunch or dinner tomorrow, so will try taking pics again then.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, but I might have seen it. Is that the bread that's $5 a loaf? If so, I will try it if it goes on sale. It sounds delicious! :yummy:

Yes. It's pricey but very good.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a stir fry with shrimp, sliced carrot (used one of those wavy cutters for that "cute" factor), broccoli florets, and bok choi (from my friends garden) over rice.

Accompanied by pickled white turnip slices I made yesterday. Recipe from Japanese Vegetable Pickles (finished the review this evening)(turnips from my friend's garden.) Uses rice vinegar, a little sugar, coarse salt, kombu (dried seaweed), and dried red pepper. Very mildly sour. Nice side dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.