What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We stopped to pick up dinner at Chipotle - I got a veggie burrito bowl with brown rice, absolutely no lime cilantro :nono: fajita veggies, pinto beans, black beans, shredded lettuce, cheese and guacamole.
I also get a veggie burrito bowl at Chipotle sometimes. It is very good and I get it without lime cilantro. I hate that stuff.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a veggie burrito bowl with brown rice, absolutely no lime cilantro :nono: fajita veggies, pinto beans, black beans, shredded lettuce, cheese and guacamole.
That sounds good. Does it come like that or do you have to choose all the ingredients you want? We don't have Chipotle here, all those restaurants are 2 hours away.

Last night for dinner I had battered frozen fish, mac n' cheese (gluten free= blah!), and a peas & carrots mixture. I put scotch bonnet hot sauce on the fish. :devilish:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner we are having Taco Salad with some hot salsa that I got from Big Lots.

For lunch I had a veggie sandwich.
rubysmama rubysmama -- Does this make a complete protein, if I used wheat bread and cheese on my sandwich? I also used lettuce, tomato, pickles. Not sure if any of those have protein.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm voting apricot
And you won! 🏆

Mine was made with ground beef and they still called it Shepherd's Pie.
Yeah, most people call it that regardless. I lived for 14 years with a chef and food purist, and got out of the habit. I got tired of hearing, "Shepherds don't herd cows. The cows and chickens are taken care of by the farmer's wife, IN HER COTTAGE!" and eventually gave in. I did venture the opinion that the cows didn't actually live in the cottage, but you can imagine how far that got me.

Tonight...it's a surprise. Just got a text from Danielle of the Wonderful Gravy, saying, DON'T COOK!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For lunch I had a veggie sandwich.
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama -- Does this make a complete protein, if I used wheat bread and cheese on my sandwich? I also used lettuce, tomato, pickles. Not sure if any of those have protein.
I believe cheese, being an animal product, is a complete protein by itself, albeit it does not have as much protein as meat. Of course it depends what type of cheese. Hard cheddar is healthier than, say, cheese slices. And it depends how much you ate, as to how much protein they had. Bread also has a bit of protein. You can look on the label and it should say how much. The lettuce, tomato and pickles would have very little protein. But that is definitely something I would have as a meal.

If you decide you want to learn more about healthy eating, and vegetarian in particular, here's a book I recommend. I bought it before I became vegetarian, and referenced it a lot the first few years. It was written by 2 registered dieticians, who really know a lot about nutrition. The book is biased towards "becoming vegetarian", and even a bit towards being vegan, but there's lots of information just on eating healthy in general. And there's charts and tables that tell you the amounts of protein, iron, calcium, etc. in many different foods, as well as how much you should eat.

Here's the Amazon link:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Leftover chicken with a nice side salad, maybe some of those mashed potatoes out of a box, LOL. I usually make mashed potatoes from scratch, but I have a large box of the tater flakes in one cupboard and I'll save time by making some o' those. Apart from making the salad, everything goes in the microwave for a quick & easy meal... then a good night's sleep so I'm rested for a big day tomorrow wrenching on golf carts. :cool2:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been posting here much, as I haven't made anything different lately. However, tonight I made a quick tomato mac and cheese.

View attachment 304528
Since I eat the same old stuff all the time I guess I should not post in this section anymore. All I eat is pizza and Chinese. I don't want to keep boring everybody.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beef and broccoli stir-fry tonight. It's been quite a while since I threw a stir-fry together. I mentioned it to Rick and he was all for it. A sirloin, onions and celery, lots of broccoli, slivered carrots, and some 'shrooms. All over a bed of fried brown rice.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, since the Nats are going to win, in honor of the first world series game, pan fried pork chops, sauteed Brussels sprouts that I didn't have the other night, cottage cheese and cherry jello ;)
I would love to see the Nats win. I have been a Washington baseball fan ever since the 60's. It will break my heart of they loose. They have never won the World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.