What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you feel :)?
I feel fine, but I can't see inside my stomach to see if the hot sauce did any damage. 😁

A hot sauce calendar, now that is a great invention! :thumbsup:

The last of the Cottage pie.
Is that the same as Shepherd's Pie? That's what I had for dinner last night from my favorite deli. I was disappointed that it was the dry kind, I wanted to try the kind that has a sauce or gravy. But I put some ketchup on it and it was fine.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mac and cheese for dinner tonight. I asked Dear Richard to make my mom's recipe for mac and cheese. He looked at me and said, "I like yours better." Well, OK, I could put the recipe on the counter and he can make that. He asked, "So how do you make yours?" And when I mentioned that I make a white sauce while the pasta is cooking and I saw his eyes glaze over, I told him to let it go. I'll make it when I get home. I could see him breathing a sigh of relief.

With Mom's recipe, you don't cook the pasta and all you do is slice the cheese. Throw in some raw pasta, layer the cheese, pour in the milk, and so on. For the life of me, I can't make it. I just can't. I can't get it to come together. Rick makes it much better than I can. But he likes my mac and cheese better.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mac and cheese for dinner tonight. I asked Dear Richard to make my mom's recipe for mac and cheese. He looked at me and said, "I like yours better." Well, OK, I could put the recipe on the counter and he can make that. He asked, "So how do you make yours?" And when I mentioned that I make a white sauce while the pasta is cooking and I saw his eyes glaze over, I told him to let it go. I'll make it when I get home. I could see him breathing a sigh of relief.

With Mom's recipe, you don't cook the pasta and all you do is slice the cheese. Throw in some raw pasta, layer the cheese, pour in the milk, and so on. For the life of me, I can't make it. I just can't. I can't get it to come together. Rick makes it much better than I can. But he likes my mac and cheese better.
The one with tomatoes?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't done much cooking lately because I've been too busy, just quick easy dinners. However, tonight I made a pasta casserole with fresh ricotta and grated parmesan. It was a chilly and very windy day so a warm, home cooked meal tasted great.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggplant Parmesan
Yum! That's one of my favorite meals. I've never made it myself though.

pasta casserole
My 2 favorite things together- pasta and casseroles. Was it vegetarian?

I had a Subway salad for dinner last night and I put Ken's Country French Dressing on it. I bought the full fat dressing this time, the Lite version tasted terrible.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The one with tomatoes?
Mia6 Mia6 . No, this is a recipe that I found on Martha Stewart's site when John Legend guested on her show. the mac and cheese is decadently creamy and cheesy and just wondeful stuff. It's become my go-to recipe for mac and cheese. I thought it needed a white sauce, but it doesn't. You need to cook the pasta first, but while the pasta is cooking, you prepare everything else. Rick says the worst part is taking it out of the oven and putting it on a rack for ten minutes to firm up!

You can find it here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Pasta It's John Legend's Mac and Cheese. If you try it, you won't be sorry!

Since Rick is bowling early tonight, I need a quick dinner. We're going to reheat some mac and cheese and have a simple chopped salad.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Subway sells salads. They are pretty good. Better than their sandwiches IMO. Menu - Salads | SUBWAY.com - United States (English)

The "kitchen sink" just means that you throw in everything "but the kitchen sink". It's a good way to use up small amounts of stuff or leftovers. :)
Thanks. I didn't know Subway made salads. I don't eat there that often because I don't think they are that clean. The last time I was there I ordered a veggie sub and they cut it with the same knife they used to cut up a meat sub. I just walked out and never went back.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of my 'salads' for supper: baby lettuce, cuke, tomatoes, celery, olives, cheese, leftover rotisserie chicken, croutons. Salad dressing was just EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar.

I love that salad; my salad.. a huge bowl of it.

I alternate the cheese and proteins, but the rest is usually the same.

I picked up a new, manual 4 quart crock pot yesterday. It is just for me. Now I need to find some recipes. Cannot do chilies, or any beans yet. Onions and garlic are still questionable, m but I need to try them out. I want to start using it..

Any thoughts..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of my 'salads' for supper: baby lettuce, cuke, tomatoes, celery, olives, cheese, leftover rotisserie chicken, croutons. Salad dressing was just EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar.

I love that salad; my salad.. a huge bowl of it.

I alternate the cheese and proteins, but the rest is usually the same.

I picked up a new, manual 4 quart crock pot yesterday. It is just for me. Now I need to find some recipes. Cannot do chilies, or any beans yet. Onions and garlic are still questionable, m but I need to try them out. I want to start using it..

Any thoughts..
I've seen shredded chicken taco recipes on Pinterest. One of my old helpers used to make them with only
4 ingredients. She would use 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, taco seasoning, a packet of ranch dressing,
some chicken stock. She said they were amazing. She cooked hem for about 6-8 hours, then shred the chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.