What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chicken dipped in seasoning and cooked in my NuWave oven, with some sort of side dish & cole slaw to accompany it... hungry now, so I'm heading home to start cooking dinner. Got a line on a job at the local Safeway... talked to the person who does the hiring and filled out the electronic application. Guess my CDL-A is worthless with the fake felony on my record, so I'm done looking at trucking listings and I'm focusing on the positive aspects of working at a local grocery store: the store is mere minutes from my house, I'll be home every night with the kittehs, and I'll always know what's on sale for a good price, LOL. :rolleyes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
with his favorite extra sharp cheddar
I love extra sharp cheese, the sharper the better. :yummy:

focusing on the positive aspects of working at a local grocery store
I wouldn't mind working in a grocery store, especially if I got a discount. We don't have Safeway here. Just Walmart, Price Chopper, Aldi, BJs.

Last night I had tuna casserole
Yum! That's one of my favorites. I love casseroles.

I had Subway tossed salad with tuna, Ken's Lite Country French for dressing. Those salads are huge, so my mom & I split it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody like La Choy chow mein? I hate the stuff. Rick loves it. Every once in a while, he'll grab a can, along with some noodles and have it for supper. That's what he's having tonight. I refuse to eat it; will probably have a sandwich tonight.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody like La Choy chow mein? I hate the stuff. Rick loves it. Every once in a while, he'll grab a can, along with some noodles and have it for supper. That's what he's having tonight. I refuse to eat it; will probably have a sandwich tonight.
That stuff is nasty. DH liked it. I have no idea how. Ew. I wouldn't eat it either if I were you.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even like that stuff when I was a kid. It has no taste to it.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are some shots of the NuWave Infrared Oven in use last night... it's a bit of a hassle to clean, but I don't use it that often, maybe once every fortnight, and I always load the grill. I do like the way this oven works, it does a great job on whole birds, roasts, homemade deep-dish pizzas, etc., last night's chicken was pretty tasty too, my homemade version of KFC, LOL. :yess: IMG_4680.JPG IMG_4682.JPG IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4683.JPG IMG_4684.JPG IMG_4687.JPG

This oven also works well for vegetables, including baked potatoes, and one can even stack multiple racks of food in it using the cover extension... I'm just beginning to experiment with it, but so far it has done a great job on everything I've tried to cook. My only complaint is the hassle of cleaning all the parts afterward, but I have the routine down now, so no worries. When I bake potatoes in it, there's hardly any cleanup involved, it's the meats that get messy... but they sure taste good, LOL. :rolleyes:

Edit: Forgot to say that I'm having a big ol' cheeseburger tonight, WOOHOO!!! Might even bust out the BBQ, now that cooler fall weather has arrived... sure makes a nice change from the triple-digit heat we had here, I didn't even want to BBQ in that goldurned heat. One nice thing about this NuWave oven is that it doesn't heat the surrounding area (kitchen) when I use it, hardly any radiant heat at all to jack up the temperature in my home. :cool:

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had tuna casserole that Hannah made. Really good. I see all of you
have been eating deliciously. lizzie lizzie Now I have a huge craving for clam chowder!
Living where I do,I don't have much of a choice,so it's either make it myself or buy it.I will say that the chunky clam chowder that Aldis sells is mighty good for an inexpensive soup...I like to add a splash of clam juice to it.I always try to have it in my cupboard along with the clam juice.Delish!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I care for of that brand is their noodles.I'm with you on their chow mein!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today with haircuts and new storm door handle,laundry.Neither one of us was particularly hungry so I had a toasted bagel with sliced tomatoes on top,and he just wanted a couple of tomato sandwiches,so that was it!I sure am gonna miss these tomatoes!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my homemade version of KFC
Looks great! :cheerleader:

Leftover chicken cacciatore for me and for hubby leftover chicken pot pie
Both of those sound so good. I love pot pie. :yummy:

I will say that the chunky clam chowder that Aldis sells is mighty good for an inexpensive soup
Maybe I'll go to Aldis today and check it out. It's so cold in there though, I'll have to bring a coat! :cold:

Last night I had some leftover beef that we cooked in the pressure cooker and tossed salad with Ken's Lite Country French Dressing. The Lite dressing doesn't taste as good as the regular one with more fat. :(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
EITHER taquitos or scrambled eggs and biscuits. Cheating if biscuits, will use some of the frozen ones I keep just in case.

You know, I admire vegetarians and vegans, but I can't be one. There are a handful of people in the world for whom "omnivore" means exactly that. We lack the enzymes to recombine plant proteins into full proteins, and no, soy won't do it. I tried to go Vegan several years ago, and my body started eating my organs, looking for proteins. I now have a mildly compromised heart. The liver seems to have repaired itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.