What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason I want to make hashbrowns. I've never made them at home, but I love them. And I hardly ever use my mandoline, so.. hashbrowns tonight! Soon, since its finally cooled down. We've got both meat and veggie sausages in the fridge, so I think those will go quite nicely with the taters. And some sauteed mushrooms and onions. Ok I'm hungry now, time to sign off! :anticipation:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...I was going to have hot dogs with cheese and onions, but I AM OUT OF CHEESE! How does this even happen? I could have sworn I bought cheese, but I AM OUT OF CHEESE!!!:fireblob::censored::soapbox::livid::argh::noway: I do, however, have some bacon thawed, so I suppose I'll either make bacon sandwiches or I'll do bacon, eggs, and biscuits. WHY IS THERE NO CHEESE??????????
shredded cheese can be frozen! i usually buy a 5 lb bag of mild cheddar cheese shred, put it in snack size and sandwich size zipper bags, then pop it into the freezer. move it to the fridge to thaw a day or two ahead of using it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The best part about making veggie chili earlier this week is having leftovers tonight. :yess: I also bought a yummy braided bread at the bakery earlier today to go with it. Not sure about dessert but I still have half a pint of mocha chocolate chip ice cream calling my name in the freezer. :wink:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a friend come to town from Kansas and spent the day together.Went out to lunch at the local oriental buffet,so a big lunch.Wasn't especially hungry,so we stopped on the way home at the grocery store and got a small bag of fried chicken.2 wings and he had 2 legs and we're good!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The Spouse has requested chili. I said, “It’s supposed to be in the 100s this week!” He pointed out that the temperature in the house is always the same so it shouldn’t matter. I dunno. I love chili, but it just seems wrong. It’s probably the result of my upbringing: My father would never have eaten chili in the summer...or any soup for that matter.

But we’re having chili! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.