What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's good, my Dad told me he'd had it somewhere in South Dakota a year or so ago, and I put it on the Must-try list lol

I'm sautéing it similar to zucchini. I don't even bother drying out the cuke slices first, and I try to get a little brown on the slices - it's such a nice change plus it helps deal with the bounty of the garden :thumbsup:
Hmmm... still not sure if I'm up to experimenting with cooked cucumber. Maybe because of my failed attempt at substituting grated cucumber for zucchini in muffins. :hmmm:

High humidity gave me a blasted migraine so kind of nauseous and want something light to eat, maybe just a salad with fresh veggies.
Hope you feel better soon. :vibes:

Like almost whenever I open the fridge.. :biggrin:
LOL. :crackup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
still not sure if I'm up to experimenting with cooked cucumber.
lotsa garlic and chives, works every time :thumbsup:

Chicken meatballs, asparagus, cottage cheese and another pecan pie bar. Or two...have to do something decadent like that to ease the pain of the Rockies horrible ranking. Granted, we're not quite as bad as the Detroit Tigers :shocked: :jawdrop: - (knock on wood about that :crossfingers: ) !!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. Hopefully the freezer part will hang on until your new fridge arrives. :crossfingers:
the freezer part is still hanging in there. :yess: they tried to deliver the new fridge on wednesday, but there were......complications. it turned out that the height of the new fridge was 6 inches more than the space i have, and that was in it's webpage listing. :angrywoman: so, it went back to the delivery company's warehouse temporarily. wednesday afternoon and thursday i organized and had the cabinet above the fridge space removed, and then i painted the wall area behind (where the fridge goes) and stained the trim that was put in/over the edges of the framing of that area (the little bit that we elected to leave there). the area/space really looks good! i rescheduled delivery of the new fridge, so now it's more waiting. :rolleyes:

tonight i had three chicken wings and one mini chicken drumstick for dinner. dessert was a carob chip blondie. :D

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had breakfast for dinner...well....sort of.I baked some bacon,made toast and he had eggs and I had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich.Tonight was catch as catch can...he had a leftover cheeseburger and I had a bacon and tomato sandwich on toast.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~ Pizza ... ( sideways )
Looks yummy. :yummy: I love it when food photos are posted. :camera:

My days have been busy, therefore not much time to cook, so it's been toasted sandwiches the last 2 nights. Last night was tomato and cheese (the cheese slightly melted) and the night before a fried egg, with a little bit of cheese whiz.

I've got some broccoli, so I may make my pasta and broccoli recipe tonight. I also have salad, so may do the salad and naan bread pizza, or if I'm in a rush the pizza will be replaced by a frozen panini.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Wow, that bigger fridge made you some extra work! But you did well and now all you have to do is wait for the re-delivery. Good luck. I hope everything goes well for you.

A couple months ago I made a couple pans of lasagna; when I make lasagna, I always make 2-3 pans and throw extras in the freezer. Well, I didn't feel like cooking much last week, so I took a pan out of the freezer and that's been our dinner for the last couple of days. Rick finally finished it off yesterday. I took a rack of baby back ribs out of the freezer yesterday. I've seasoned it to go all day in the fridge. I'll start it out in the oven, then transfer it to the grill to finish it off. Rick just loves ribs. To go with it, he suggested coleslaw; I told him we were going to turn into a head of cabbage. But he and I both really like coleslaw, so it works. I may make some pickled coleslaw today as we've had creamy stuff a couple times in the last couple of weeks. I went out and cut some mint yesterday and make a couple quarts of mint iced tea.

And a New York style coffee cake with sliced strawberries for dessert.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~ That's a nice meal. There are very mild sardines that I like - not salty and not "fishy". Very good with pasta ! ♨
I'm vegetarian, so no fishies for me. :fish:

I did, however, end up making my tomato broccoli pasta. And as I make it often, I've probably posted the pic before, but here's tonight's version. It's just rotini pasta, chopped broccoli, and tomato pasta sauce. This time I cooked the pasta and broccoli together, drained it, put it back in the pot, added the sauce, let it heat through, then served. All done in less than 20 minutes, including chopping the broccoli. So quick and easy. Plus leftovers. :yummy:
IMG_9244.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~ Do you save the pasta water for making broth ?
No. But I should. Especially when I cook the broccoli with the pasta, as I thought about all the nutrients going down the drain when I poured the water out of the pot. Do you just store the water in the fridge? How long will it stay fresh?

`:yummy: ~ These are my favorite vegetarian delight -
Not sure if we can get them here or not. There's a lot of good veggie burgers around these days, though.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you just store the water in the fridge? How long will it stay fresh?
~ Yes it keeps about 5 days. You can also freeze it if you want to keep it for a longer time. While the water is still warm I add Mrs. Dash®, some onion and garlic powder - but you can do that later when cooking. All those minerals are good for us ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.