What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago, I drove through a burger place. The left column of the menu had pricing for a burger with everything (lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, mayo or mustard with cheese - extra) plus a soda and French fries. The column to the right had a price for "just a burger". I didn't want soda or fries, so I ordered "just a burger, no cheese". When I got home, I unwrapped a hamburger bun with a patty. No mayo, no mustard, no lettuce, no tomatoes, no onion....no nothing. Just meat and dry bread. :crackup:

Tonight, I'm going to sauté a slice of ham, half a baked sweet potato - sliced and browned with some onion slices, jalapeno, and crushed pineapple. Buttered tortilla on the side.

I had the same last night and have half the sweet potato left for tonight.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So much for our soup last night. Rick's dental appt went well yesterday morning. He stopped in at my office, picked me up for lunch, and we went over to the farmers' market for a hot sausage sandwich, then to our local ice cream place for an ice cream cone. I waddled back into work. I should also mention that Dear Richard bought four filled cookies for himself. (I honestly do not know where that man puts it all! I've known him now for 50 years and he still has the cutest little butt I've ever seen!)

Last night, he suggested that we run down to Texas Roadhouse; he was hungry for ribs. Seriously? Yes! Ok. We had a coupon for a free appetizer, so we got a cactus blossom, or whatever the heck it's called. He had ribs, I had steak and we brought a little over half of everything home. And we waddled up the steps in the house.

Tonight, we're having the leftovers. He's bowling, so they'll be quick to munch down before he leaves.

And while he's gone, I should probably walk an extra 5 miles on the treadmill!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely Oh man, they do look good!

I'm thinking along the lines of Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp done outside on the grill. If it does rain (and it's supposed to), maybe I'll just switch over to Oregano Shrimp. Either way, it's shrimp. With vegetable rice as a side. And I'm thinking of orange sugar peas.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the recipe. I remember making a mock tuna sandwich once with shaved celery. It tasted just like tuna! I wish I could remember the recipe or where I got it from.
Google will find you a lot of different recipes. As for tasting like tuna, I once made them for a lunch I had for some friends. One kept asking "is this tuna?". ;)

I adore chickpeas,and that sounds like a great recipe!I will definitely be trying that!
That is just one of many "mock tuna/mock chicken" recipes online. I linked it, as it's the one I base my version on.

When I make it, I use organic canned chickpeas, finely chopped celery, finely chopped red onion (or regular onion if I don't have any red ones), some grated carrot, and some mayo.

I tried something new for dinner, spinach Arancini. They're delicious crispy, risotto balls stuffed with various ingredients from meat to veggies. Balls
Those look good. :yummy: However, I do try to stay away from deep fried foods. :(

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had to use up the rest of my bag of salad, so I dumped what was left on a plate, and topped it with orange segments and chopped walnut pieces. For the dressing I mixed some orange juice with a bit of olive oil, and drizzled it over the top. And for dessert, I had a few chocolate chip cookies. :yummy:

IMG_8255.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.