What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same as last night - Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna and salad.
Took time to take a picture today though. :)

View attachment 277662
Yum! That looks delicious!

I've been lazy lately, eating leftovers out of the freezer and just snacking on things like chips and queso.

Tonight I'm making a sausage pizza with extra cheese.

My "green" for St Patty's Day today was mowing the lawn and pruning a tree!

Last edited:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That pic looks yummy! :yummy:

Does that count, since it's not food? :headscratch: :lol:

I had frozen pizza for dinner with superhot Carolina Reaper powder on it.
I think the idea is to "wear" green...so my gardening shoes were green after mowing.

Just "dressed" the pizza and had a few green olives in the fridge....so I'm am also eating "green" today. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the idea is to "wear" green...so my gardening shoes were green after mowing.
Doh! I forgot that it was wear green, not eat green. I don't know my holidays very well, since we haven't celebrated since I was 5 years old. ;)

Hormel vegetarian chili over baked potatoes with sour cream.
That sounds good. Did you add any extra spices or seasoning?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doh! I forgot that it was wear green, not eat green. I don't know my holidays very well, since we haven't celebrated since I was 5 years old. ;)

That sounds good. Did you add any extra spices or seasoning?
The Hormel chili already had seasoning and spices. I just added some salt. I don't like real spicy food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover saute but I did make another Smitten Kitchen recipe to have for lunches, sweet pea and shells Alfredo.

I used medium shells instead of mini. The recipe in the Smitten Kitchen cookbook shows peas nestled into the shells. There is no way a regular sized fresh pea can fit inside a mini shell :headshake: So that's why I used medium shells. I used frozen peas and corn instead of fresh.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did make another Smitten Kitchen recipe to have for lunches, sweet pea and shells Alfredo.
Looks good enough to eat. Seriously your picture looks more appetizing than the pictures on the website. Your peas look nice and green. They used canned peas, which look faded and washed out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...Saturday was my birthday, so I had a steak, baked potato, and a big chef's salad, followed by an enormous hunk of pistachio cake. Sunday, I had coffee and pistachio cake for breakfast, a sandwich and pistachio cake for lunch, and a pork chop and pistachio cake for dessert. Monday, I had coffee and pistachio cake for breakfast, realized I had eaten almost an entire pistachio cake in two days, and that my blood sugar was on the roller coaster ride from The Hot Place, and went carb and sugar free for a couple of days. Tonight will be another chef's salad while I get my endocrin system back in whack.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Well...Saturday was my birthday, so I had a steak, baked potato, and a big chef's salad, followed by an enormous hunk of pistachio cake. Sunday, I had coffee and pistachio cake for breakfast, a sandwich and pistachio cake for lunch, and a pork chop and pistachio cake for dessert. Monday, I had coffee and pistachio cake for breakfast, realized I had eaten almost an entire pistachio cake in two days, and that my blood sugar was on the roller coaster ride from The Hot Place, and went carb and sugar free for a couple of days. Tonight will be another chef's salad while I get my endocrin system back in whack.
Maybe that's what The Guess Who were writing about when they wrote these lyrics:
No sugar tonight in my coffee
No sugar tonight in my tea
No sugar to stand beside me
No sugar to run with me​
Too much pistachio cake! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.