What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And Carolina basmati rice. Which, it turns out, originated in Pakistan.
I LOVE basmati rice! I used to get it at an Indian grocery store when I lived in Chattanooga. I love how it makes the house smell like popcorn when it's cooking!

Tonight...A SALAD! I've been craving salad for days, made a store run earlier, and scored some vine-ripened cherry tomatoes! I have croutons, diced ham, and boiled eggs (I boil a dozen every shopping day), so, a Chef's Salad, with a raspberry-walnut vinagrette.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Papa Murphy’s pizza for us tonight. The plumber has come and gone, and the kitchen sink is back in action. Back to washing dishes. Yaaaaayy... But no more grinding eggshells!
Pizza and a fixed sink! Sounds like a good night to me :thumbsup:
I have no idea what we're having but it's getting late, it's chaos here. I got a list of things to do and places to go tomorrow and am trying to decide if I want to fake the flu or e-coli to get out of it. Probably the flu, because e-coli might require a shot or something where the flu would involve being sent back to bed for the day ;):crazy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm reading Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) and Eve told Roarke that she had been thinking about doing spaghetti and meatballs in their AutoChef. And I thought, "You know, spaghetti and meatballs sounds pretty darn good!" (ah, the power of suggestion).

Took some ground beef from the freezer to thaw, checked my stock of tomato paste and puree. Will make the meatballs while my semolina bread is proofing....because I'm throwing together a loaf of semolina bread this afternoon. I can make a couple slices of garlic-cheese bread from that loaf and toss the rest of it in the freezer. Then work on some pasta sauce. And throw together some Caesar salad. Not sure about dessert yet, but am thinking of a small pan of chocolate brownies.

I"m taking a bit of vacation time this afternoon and whenever I take vacation time, I always think that I should make something half-decent for dinner. And even if it's just spaghetti and meatballs with homemade bread and a salad, Rick will still appreciate it.
Yes to the power of suggestion. You made me want meatballs. Of course, mine came from the meat department at Publix. They have ready to cook foods there that are really good. Pair some of them with a sub roll from the bakery, some Boar's Head picante provolone cheese and a bit of sauce and it's a darn good sandwich. Salad on the side. Bagged salad. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.