Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The chicken came out much better in the oven :agree:

The top left chicken wasn't as golden brown as the rest but that's ok. I probably should have rotated the pan during the cooking time.

And veggie tots:

I had the oven set at 375 F but the temperature gauge I have in the oven (OXO brand) was reading closer to 425 F :confused2: Not sure what is off, the oven or the temperature gauge.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOT IT IN ONE!

You would think so, wouldn’t you, but he’s done it before. I was there, though, and caught it. He might not do it again. He knew I was :censored:. The Death Rays shooting from my eyes were a clue.
Have you considered investing in a cheap kitchen timer for him? It might just save a life!

Well...tonight, pb&j. Just because. But LAST night, I made porkchops with dressing (stuffing). I did 4 chops, so I cut the whole thing into quarters, and have the other 3 portions tucked in the freezer for another day. I really should get in the habit of doing MAJOR cooking of casseroles and such one or two days a month, then freezing individual portions for later. Get away from all of the hot dogs. yeah. right. NOT HAPPENING! Although the casserole thing is a good idea...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you considered investing in a cheap kitchen timer for him? It might just save a life!
:) Although...there’s also a timer on the microwave and one on his smartphone...
Well...tonight, pb&j. Just because. But LAST night, I made porkchops with dressing (stuffing). I did 4 chops, so I cut the whole thing into quarters, and have the other 3 portions tucked in the freezer for another day. I really should get in the habit of doing MAJOR cooking of casseroles and such one or two days a month, then freezing individual portions for later. Get away from all of the hot dogs. yeah. right. NOT HAPPENING! Although the casserole thing is a good idea...
The meatloaf I made yesterday has three pounds of meat in it (!), so a good portion of it is definitely destined for the freezer and future meals. I always tell myself the extra labor of making larger meals will pay off when I’m tired and don’t want to cook!

Status
Not open for further replies.