What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday (Friday) was really the first I felt like cooking since New Year's Day when we had pork and sauerkraut over mashed potatoes with Rick eating leftovers on Wednesday. I made mac and cheese last night and there's some leftover for a quick and easy supper tonight.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I made two servings of baked chicken with green beans and chunks of already-baked potato. I'll probably have the second serving for lunch. Oh...and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

This morning, I've simmered a pot of Tex-Mex seasoned pinto beans. I'll make a fresh batch of flour tortillas and some Spanish rice to eat with the beans for dinner tonight.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to attempt mushroom and veggie fried rice. It looks good. I'm going to use spinach instead of kale. I have a bit of leftover taco filling to go with it.
That looks really delicious. :yummy: I'd probably use spinach too. And probably just use regular rice. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The recipe can definitely be used with just rice instead of half rice and half cauliflower "rice" :agree: Swiss chard might also be nice. I did the half / half combo with spinach and it came out ok. I added a can of chickpeas as well since I had it on hand. It was a little bland-ish. I think for the leftovers I'll add in a little hot pepper.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I had a late doctor's appointment it was a quick dinner tonight - broccoli and cauliflower with a garbanzo cake. I went to an indoor farmer's market over the weekend and bought a raisin walnut bread which I had a slice of with my dinner.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up some macaroni and cheese with some (cooked) sliced jalapeno sausage, and heat up some acorn squash with a pat of butter and salt/pepper. dessert, later in the evening, will be a peanut butter brownie! :D
and the same, except i'll have some carob tapioca pudding for dessert!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, spaghetti sounds pretty good, but I don't think I have any sauce in the freezer. And I don't have much in the way of tomatoes in the pantry right now either.

:sigh: Salad with lettuces, carrots, tomatoes, etc. With some tuna. :sigh:
Actually it doesn't matter. I can't taste anything right now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.