What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you try one of the alternatives, e.g. almond, coconut, soy, rice or oat milk? Even lactose free milk. :idea:
I only use alternatives for milk, mostly soy. I only use it for cereal or in my coffee or tea. I don't cook or bake anymore. The only dairy I use is cottage or swiss cheese.
If you have it available in a store near you, try kefir.
I will try Kefir if I ever see it in a store. I use something my brother uses. He buys it on the internet and it is expensive. Him and my sister swear by it but I don't see where it does any good.
Kefir Benefits

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just realized that the hot pepper I bought was not a Serrano pepper as the pasta recipe called for :rolleyes: It was a Thai pepper. The store's bins of peppers were not labeled today so I had to make a guess. I seeded the pepper to keep the spiciness down.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and BIL are coming over for a bit of picnic later on this afternoon. The weather is supposed to be fine.

We're doing Delmonico steaks on the grill, some Louisville wings, and I'm making crock pot beans and deviled eggs. She's bringing pasta salad. Dessert will be a banana split brownie dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm making Chicken Bog tonight. It's a chicken and rice dish that's not quite a stew and not quite a casserole. It's...well...the texture is kinda like a bog, actually, not really dirt, but not quite mud either...inbetween. Guess that's why it's called "Chicken BOG."

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover Chicken Bog, which is actually quite tasty.
It must be holiday weekend leftovers! :thumbsup: Angel hair pasta with sautéed asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts in garlic olive oil white wine sauce - leftovers from dinner the other night for me.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled salmon that had been brushed with my usual go-to of one Tablespoon each brown sugar / grainy mustard / soy sauce / sherry well mixed together. Basmati rice. Steamed asparagus (somewhat overcooked, I'm embarrassed to report.) Chocolate chip cookie baked yesterday - big cookies, I use an ice cream scoop to portion, they bake for 15 minutes, one is ample serving.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making Chicken Bog tonight. It's a chicken and rice dish that's not quite a stew and not quite a casserole. It's...well...the texture is kinda like a bog, actually, not really dirt, but not quite mud either...inbetween. Guess that's why it's called "Chicken BOG."
What's in it?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and BIL are coming over for a bit of picnic later on this afternoon. The weather is supposed to be fine.

We're doing Delmonico steaks on the grill, some Louisville wings, and I'm making crock pot beans and deviled eggs. She's bringing pasta salad. Dessert will be a banana split brownie dessert.
Yum, that sounds wonderful!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got home later than expected so dinner will be what's quick and easy, i.e. big veggie spring mix salad with avocado, red pepper, green onion, zucchini, tomato and I'll add a garbanzo cake. Then I'll finish the last of my dark chocolate almond bar and have a Braeburn apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.