What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a chicken sandwich; Dietz and Watson Southern Fried Chicken breast from the deli. It is so good but it's $10.99 a pound! I splurge once in a while. I only got a half pound. Coleslaw also from the deli, and homemade oatmeal and walnut cookies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I stuffed my face at lunch (late), I think I'll have some cheese and crackers. And vegetables and dip. And a turkey sandwich. And some BBQ chips. Oh and an apple. With peanut butter. Yep. Goin' light :flail:
You have to make sure all your food groups are represented. You wouldn't want any of them to feel left out. :lol:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I made empanada dough and cooked the pork and potatoes for filling, but didn't spend the extra hour to roll, stuff and bake. So emanadas are on the menu for tonight (or maybe tomorrow, if I don't feel like putting them together this evening).

I took a cue from Bruce yesterday and had pear slices, extra-sharp cheddar and some spiral-sliced ham. I think I missed some of the food groups, but it hit the spot.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I made empanada dough and cooked the pork and potatoes for filling, but didn't spend the extra hour to roll, stuff and bake. So emanadas are on the menu for tonight (or maybe tomorrow, if I don't feel like putting them together this evening).

I took a cue from Bruce yesterday and had pear slices, extra-sharp cheddar and some spiral-sliced ham. I think I missed some of the food groups, but it hit the spot.
I love Vermont Sharp cheddar with green grapes, cashews, and Crunchmaster crackers. They are so good, very thin. They are gluten-free which I didn't know when I bought them. That washed down with Welch's Sparkling Red grape juice.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night, Hekitty insisted that she MUST HAVE tuna soup, so I had tuna salad sandwiches. Yes, she insisted. When she wants tuna soup, she sits in front of the fridge and yowls.

Tonight, I'm getting ambitious and making Chicken in a Dark and Mysterious Sauce, from "The Cat Who Cookbook."

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to make sure all your food groups are represented. You wouldn't want any of them to feel left out. :lol:
I'm an equal opportunity snacker :lol:

We're going to do a vegetable stir fry without the rice, just some beef and sauce with lots of carrots, broccoli, green onions, and snow peas. One of my favorites :yummy:
I had thawed out a beef heart (sorry if you're squeamish) for the cats and dogs, and I tested out our old, old grinder and it still works. I ground up about 1/3 of it for the cats, this will be so much easier than playing goalie while one cat chomps his portion down in 3 bites and the others work slowly and need a body guard from theft. For once I feel like I might have almost outsmarted them :yess:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what I'm having. Maybe a potato baked, then I'll scoop it out, mix with butter, milk, sour cream, and sharp cheddar, then stuff it back into the skin and bake again for about 25 minutes. The potato is huge so it will be very filling.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are evil.
I try my hardest. :D

I had cereal last night
Me too. I finally found a good cereal that's not too sweet. Kashi Fruitful.

Crunchmaster crackers. They are so good, very thin. They are gluten-free
I'll have to tell my mom about those. The gluten-free ones she buys taste like poison.

We went to Cracker Barrel last night for dinner
I love Cracker Barrel! Did they have any other vegetarian options?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what I'm having. Maybe a potato baked, then I'll scoop it out, mix with butter, milk, sour cream, and sharp cheddar, then stuff it back into the skin and bake again for about 25 minutes. The potato is huge so it will be very filling.
M maggiedemi where've you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.