What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much food the past couple of days!!!

Christmas Eve: tons of appetizers, shrimp cocktail, spinach artichoke dip, ham, pasta, meatballs, sausages, chicken parm calzone, ham and cheese calzone, rolls, eggplant parmigiana, cookies, brownies. All buffet style.

Christmas Day: Prime Rib roast, double stuffed baked potato, roasted broccoli with bacon and grated cheese, gravy, popovers, apple pie, cookies.
I got some leftovers for he next 2 days..:

So much to eat. I am stuffed.

Diet definitely has to begin in January.

My family does know how to put out a huge meal.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had a bit of a twist on my usual sandwich. I crumbled up a veggie burger with olive oil and hot sauce in a frying pan. Then I put that on toast with lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo. It needs a little tweaking, but pretty good!

For dinner I did the same thing with the veggie burger, crumbled it up in the frying pan. I ate that with French Fries. I put Thousand Island Dressing on the French Fries for a fun change. It was pretty good!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's Christmas dinner was so-so, which is to say some of it was good and other parts were "meh."
Xmas Dinner_2019-12_entree.jpg
Wild rice, braised Brussels sprouts, braised carrots, and four mushroom medley (chicken of the woods, hen of the woods, shiitake, baby bella) were quite nice. Pheasant breast wrapped in bacon - bacon was too emphatic. Pulled it off while dining and ate bacon with sprouts. Pheasant was slightly overcooked but O.K.

Decided to fancy up the fruit cake by heating brandy and setting it on fire.
Xmas Dinner_2019-12_fruitcake flambe.jpg
It flamed very nicely, I even got pictures. But . . . the brandy that fruitcake has been baptised with is mellow. Same brandy, fired up, is harsh.

Oh well. I did try.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had a veggie burger and baked French fries. I put Blue Cheese dressing on the fries, which was just okay.
For dinner I had an Impossible Vegetarian Whopper with cheese from Burger King. They are on sale for $4! Much better than $6.50. Everybody knows I love a good bargain. :thumbsup:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we had Christmas with the kids so tonight was leftovers.....country style ribs,scalloped cabbage,noodles and gravy and biscuits....
lime cheesecake and pear/gingerbread upside down cake for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
braised Brussels sprouts
I really liked brussels sprouts the few times I had them. They are definitely misjudged a lot!

bertolli vodka sauce
Vodka sauce sounds yummy.

For lunch yesterday I had a veggie burger on my sandwich again. I'm trying to get more protein. I finished the last of the seeded rye bread. I think I prefer the soft seedless rye bread.

For dinner I had a salad with tons of fun stuff- lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, cashews, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, kiwi, pears, sharp cheese, avocado. I put Marie's Super Blue Cheese dressing on it. It's pretty good, but I think I prefer the plain chunks of blue cheese that you get in the round container.

Status
Not open for further replies.