Purraise
Sunday Night Nicole made
Stuffed peppers with sharp cheddar melted on top
green salad
fruit salad (Daniel made that)

Monday am
Finished the fruit salad

Lunch and Dinner
Bob Evan's Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, I bought a quart so I'll have it for about 3 days
it came with 6 biscuits

It was so good, I had 2 helpings for lunch, then another one later on. It's been hard
to eat with the Vincie girl gone so when I have a taste for something I have it.
Also bought Ensure for the rough days, milk chocolate.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black Beans and Rice
Did it have any spices in it? I need spices or sauce.

cooking for one! I actually started a thread for that, but it went dormant.
That's a brilliant idea! I love cooking for one recipes.

Stuffed peppers with sharp cheddar melted on top
I'd love to make a vegetarian version of stuffed peppers.

For dinner last night I kinda made my own vegetarian Egg McMuffin. Egg and cheese on a buttered toasted cheese bagel, with ketchup on top. I just realized that I had cheese three times- in the egg, on top of the egg, and in the bagel! I guess I got enough protein. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch- a veggie sandwich on toasted Beefsteak Rye Bread. I love this bread! It's not whole grain, but I couldn't find any rye bread that was. Hard Boiled Egg, Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Swiss Cheese, Marzetti Ultimate Blue Cheese dressing instead of mayo, and tossed on a handful of Sunflower Seeds. I really like the texture that the seeds give to a sandwich and I think they add protein.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For lunch- a veggie sandwich on toasted Beefsteak Rye Bread. I love this bread! It's not whole grain, but I couldn't find any rye bread that was. Hard Boiled Egg, Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Swiss Cheese, Marzetti Ultimate Blue Cheese dressing instead of mayo, and tossed on a handful of Sunflower Seeds. I really like the texture that the seeds give to a sandwich and I think they add protein.
I don't think there are any rye breads that are whole grain unless you go to a bakery and maybe not even then. I used to love that brand when I was a kid. I usually get the Arnold seeded Jewish rye now. I love rye bread. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think there are any rye breads that are whole grain unless you go to a bakery and maybe not even then. I used to love that brand when I was a kid. I usually get the Arnold seeded Jewish rye now. I love rye bread. :yummy:
IF I could make it fit the budget, what I like is rye bread for ham, pumpernickel for roast beef, sour dough bread for chicken and turkey, and wholegrain for tuna salad. OH, and white bread for peanut butter and jelly. As it is, EVERYTHING gets plopped on whole wheat.

Tonight...um. Dunno. Maybe corn dogs? Maybe pizza rolls? But I didn't get anything out of the freezer, so it will be something "heat and eat."

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I had a veggie burger and a roasted potato/carrot/onion mix with ketchup on both.
I kind of ruined the veggie burger. I cooked it from frozen in olive oil. I probably should have used cooking spray or unthawed it first. It tasted funny.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover one pot chicken and rice. I think leftovers just get better the next day :) I still have some for tomorrow night but I'm thinking of buying a rice bowl from the pop up cafe tomorrow to have for dinner. There's one with "sage sausage, smoked mozzarella, brown rice, spinach, crispy shallots, smoked maple ginger dressing" that sounds :yummy:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out for sushi

We tried a new place that had a 4 star rating by over 150 people on yelp... It was listed as a Japanese restaurant.
It was not
It was AYCE Korean style sushi. No bar seating, the bar was used as the waiters pick-up station. They tried to seat us at a table right on that main traffic zone. I said no thank you, I'd like to sit on the other side of the divider, please (I hate sitting in a high traffic aisle).

They had Sapporo advertised, but it was not available, and apparently hasn't been for about 3 months. They had 4 "premium" sakes on the menu, but only had the hot house sake available.

Once we started ordering, they interrupted us constantly. The "iced" green tea I ordered was served from a can, and we were given paper cups, mine had ice in it. The water was served in a well recycled plastic "carafe" with a screw on sports bottle top.

The sushi itself was... okay. I'm not a big fan of Korean style sushi (too much mayonnaise and sauces), and this place did not change my mind.

I have no idea why this place got a 4 star... no clue at all.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out for sushi

We tried a new place that had a 4 star rating by over 150 people on yelp... It was listed as a Japanese restaurant.
It was not
It was AYCE Korean style sushi. No bar seating, the bar was used as the waiters pick-up station. They tried to seat us at a table right on that main traffic zone. I said no thank you, I'd like to sit on the other side of the divider, please (I hate sitting in a high traffic aisle).

They had Sapporo advertised, but it was not available, and apparently hasn't been for about 3 months. They had 4 "premium" sakes on the menu, but only had the hot house sake available.

Once we started ordering, they interrupted us constantly. The "iced" green tea I ordered was served from a can, and we were given paper cups, mine had ice in it. The water was served in a well recycled plastic "carafe" with a screw on sports bottle top.

The sushi itself was... okay. I'm not a big fan of Korean style sushi (too much mayonnaise and sauces), and this place did not change my mind.

I have no idea why this place got a 4 star... no clue at all.
Paper cups? Sometimes I wonder who rates restaurants, etc. Paper cups and a plastic a carafe just seems wrong.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Baked pasta. I asked Dear Richard to go down to the freezers and pick something out. Whatever he brought up, I'd make it. He brought up a container of pasta sauce. So baked pasta it is, with a couple sliced of Texas Toast. And a small salad.

BTW, we finally had those apple butter glazed pork chops from Cook's Illustrated. They were really good and I'm going to keep the recipe. It's worth making again, IMO. I bought apple butter from a local farm and it's nicely spiced. Those spices came through in the glaze. Good stuff. Oh, and in the same issue in the same article, there's a version of buttered parsley potatoes. I made that, too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had the same veggie sandwich as yesterday, except I used sharp cheese. Tomato, Lettuce, Hardboiled Egg, Sunflower Seeds, Blue Cheese Dressing on toasted Rye Bread.

I've been thinking of getting some mushrooms to put on sandwiches, but somebody mentioned that mushrooms should be cooked, not eaten raw. Is that true? We used to serve raw mushrooms on the salad bar when I worked at Pizza Hut many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.