What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I made kielbasa and sauerkraut in the crockpot yesterday and made it a bit too spicy! 🥵 There is a little bit leftover which my husband may have for lunch.

I think I'll hit the grocery store. Tonight may be a BBQ pork pie (bought) with a salad or some type of eggs.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Kitchen sink salad!!!" That's a classic line... I know I mentioned this in some other thread, but I'm having chicken tonight, probably the 'Shake & Bake' kind in my NuWave Oven, with a nice side salad (Romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomato, cucumber, and Greek dressing). Reading these other posts has made me hungry, LOL, but I'm heading back to the ol' hacienda soon to celebrate, since I think my job interview this morning went very well. I can hear an ice-cold beer calling my name from the fridge!!! Sure would be nice to have a decent job again, especially one so close to home... won't spend so much time on the Internet either, which is probably a good thing, LOL. And a steady paycheck will be welcome, now that my funds have been exhausted. A steady paycheck will keep the kittehs happy & healthy, along with their master... er, I mean butler. :yess:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is that the same as Shepherd's Pie?
Yep, but made with either chicken or beef, rather than mutton or lamb. I used beef.

Tonight we had hot dogs,mashed potatoes and cheese with onions
HMMMMMM...that is almost my "Twisted Hot Dogs." I think I may have that tomorrow night.

Tonight, who knows? I forgot to hit the freezer, so either biscuits and scrambled eggs OR peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And I do have both cherry and apricot preserves, so I can have dinner and dessert at one time!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm debating whether to have leftovers from my pasta casserole the other night or make a bowl with brown rice, falafel, green onion, stewed tomatoes and avocado.

ETA: DH and I both had leftovers with a spring mix salad and fresh rolls.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but made with either chicken or beef, rather than mutton or lamb
Mine was made with ground beef and they still called it Shepherd's Pie.

I had the rest of my McDonalds BBQ tenders last night with some frozen asparagus. I don't think I cooked it quite right. I unthawed it, then put olive oil and salt on it, and put in the toaster oven at 400 for 20 minutes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had the rest of my McDonalds BBQ tenders last night with some frozen asparagus. I don't think I cooked it quite right. I unthawed it, then put olive oil and salt on it, and put in the toaster oven at 400 for 20 minutes.
It's best to cook frozen asparagus either by roasting or in a skillet. If you use the skillet method, heat the olive oil first to medium heat then place the asparagus in and stir constantly, approx. 3-5 min. or until it is tender/slightly crisp.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What exactly is roasting? Isn't that what I did in the toaster oven?
Since I don't use a toaster oven I honestly can't answer that question. I prefer to roast in a conventional oven because they are better insulated, get up to the correct temperature quicker and heat better. I also like using a skillet as mentioned in my post above. However, I'm guessing that doesn't mean you can't use a toaster oven I just don't have another answer for you - sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.