1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:geekcat:

:runningcat:
Oh lordy, that is TOO funny

:seesaw:
Apologies for hijacking but I do love her so much, she's a perpetual kitten that plays nonstop :runningcat:

I lied. I'm having leftover stir fry instead of skipping dinner and a small salad as a side.
I love prepping salad in advance, I wash and chop the greens, the cucumbers and celery/carrots, etc. in advance. Stored in a container or bag with a paper towel (I like 3 thickness depending on the container) keeps the moisture at bay for several days. When most prep is done, it's a really quick, healthy meal that takes a tomato or some cheese or olives (or, if you're like me, all 3) plus dressing tossed into a bowl. Healthy, filling meal in less than a minute!!!! It's just so damn lovely with feta cheese and olives and tomatoes and a good dressing.
(IMO the secret to a GOOD salad vs. a bad or mediocre one is finding a dressing you really, really like and are comfortable with ingesting on a daily basis due to dietary restrictions, etc. Further bulking that dressing out with 1/2 dressing, 1/2 flaxseed/olive/avocado oil etc. can make it fun and tasty and healthy, depending on your tastes.)

Our pets had their "carnivore blend", a mixture of tripe, organs and heart ground, with turkey (ground or chunked).
We're all feeling kind of fat and sassy right now =D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds delicious!!!
<snip>
thank you!! :D

and i'll have the same tonight -- kielbasa and scalloped potatoes, some sliced raw zucchini with salad dressing as dip, and a slice of dutch apple bundt cake with more of the whipped topping. (note: horrible stuff, that whipped topping. :headshake: i bought the stuff for use in a recipe, and had quite a bit extra)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm slow cooking beef stew to serve over rice.

I just found a good source for Indian spices online! Next time I can, I'm ordering several things, and making butter chicken! I've become a bit interested in Punjabi cooking. May branch out from that, but it is a starting point!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just found a good source for Indian spices online! Next time I can, I'm ordering several things, and making butter chicken! I've become a bit interested in Punjabi cooking. May branch out from that, but it is a starting point!
Yum!!!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

OMG! I LOVE Butter Chicken! My local Walmart has a butter chicken frozen dinner with jasmine rice I buy all the time. I am totally in love with it!

Sometimes I buy bottles of ready made Indian curries like Bombay curry sauce and then stew it with cut up chicken and veggies. Serve over basmati rice and its heaven! I love Indian and Asian cooking... especially Thai red curry!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Basmati rice is the first thing on my "to order" list. That and garum masala. I really miss the smell of basmati rice cooking! Kinda like buttered popcorn.

Did I mention that I got the Butter Chicken recipe in a cozy mystery book? The Tarquin Hall "Vish Piru, Most Private Investigations" series. Mr. Hall lives in India, and the recipes included in the last two books are mostly Punjabi, and very authentic. I'm going to have to order some chapati flour, as well. And maybe an authentic earthenware covered baking dish. And...Oh, THIS could get out of hand in a RUSH!

Tonight, more stew.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Basmati rice is the first thing on my "to order" list. That and garum masala. I really miss the smell of basmati rice cooking! Kinda like buttered popcorn.
It does smell like buttered popcorn cooking! One of the things I just love about it! But it pairs so well with Indian food it's a must have for my kitchen staples. So is jasmine rice!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight is a baked pork chop and something or other. Probably green beans. Easy enough.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charley's at the food court in the mall. Time for a "Chicken buffalo" from their menu. Extra buffalo sauce ... they hate when I do that :lol: apparently it burns their nose when cooking it that way.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I dunno. Either eggs and biscuits (or toast) or tuna salad, or egg salad, or chicken salad. I didn't hit the freezer today.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did I mention that I got the Butter Chicken recipe in a cozy mystery book? The Tarquin Hall "Vish Piru, Most Private Investigations" series. Mr. Hall lives in India, and the recipes included in the last two books are mostly Punjabi, and very authentic. I'm going to have to order some chapati flour, as well. And maybe an authentic earthenware covered baking dish. And...Oh, THIS could get out of hand in a RUSH!

Tonight, more stew.
Don't mind me, I just drooled so much that my keyboard became saturated and my entire system shorted out. (just kidding of course!)
There is no such thing as food getting out of hand, and when it comes to food prep if it's something you love (as do I), enjoy the hell out of it. =)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Really good pizza is in a class all of its own. There's a place in Chattanooga where I used to order artichoke and feta pizzas, and occasionally grilled chicken breast, broccoli and mushroom pizzas! Don't laugh, it was like Chicken Divan on a crust, and was really quite tasty!

Tonight I am making chicken with rice.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Suddenly, in the past few weeks/months, Thursday or Friday has become rib-eye night.
Oh well. Hello, weekend.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a side note, I got a totally random craving for a deli meat I used to have called Buffalo Chicken that was a spicy, tangy deli meat that I ate a lot of in my youth, was on the inexpensive side but made a really kicking sandwich with cheese and condiments.
I don't even really like deli meat and I don't really like super-spicy stuff, but...
Crap.
*cravings*

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Speaking of cravings...I want a chimichanga SO BADLY right now that my mouth is watering thinking about it. HOWEVER, the bank account said "OH HECK NO!" so I shall content myself with...something. ~mutters to self~ maybe ice cream and potato chips...that'll teach the dratted bank account!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't cooked very much "new" for dinner in a while. Over the winter, I made so much food and froze portions that I've just been heating and eating leftovers almost all month.

Today I have pizza dough rising, and hamburger patties already cooked, so I'm thinking a beef and onion pizza for dinner. Now...

I'm thinking "hamburger pizza", and pondering using a mix of ketchup and mustard instead of Italian sauce on the pizza...so it would taste more like a hamburger than like pizza. Also...sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.

What do y'all think about a ketchup/mustard sauce? "Great!" or "Gross!"?

Status
Not open for further replies.