What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, haven't a clue. I'll have to see what sounds good to Rick. Some barbecue maybe. Tacos. Chili from the freezer. Something. (I get like this sometimes.)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a Mexican restaurant last night. I don't know what it was called but I had a vegetarian dish with rice, cheese, yellow squash and zucchini. It was very good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dunno. It's two days before my big monthly shopping trip, so I'm making do. Without a recipe. Tuna salad, maybe, I still have bread and plenty of tuna.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a shrimp salad sandwich. I had made Maryland style shrimp salad and that's what I really wanted.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 I make a small amount using 1 lb. of shrimp. You might want to double the recipe because it's really good.

1 lb. cooked shrimp
2 ribs of celery - chopped
1 - 2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning, depending on how spicy you like your food
enough mayonnaise to make the mixture moist

Remove the tails from the shrimp and cut shrimp into bite size pieces, not too small. Mix shrimp with the rest of the ingredients. Refridgerate in a covered container for several hours to let the flavors mingle. Do NOT add salt as the Old Bay seasoning is salty.
This is good on any kind of bread or rolls.

I grew up in Maryland and ate this a lot. Maybe I should post it in the Foodies thread?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 I make a small amount using 1 lb. of shrimp. You might want to double the recipe because it's really good.

1 lb. cooked shrimp
2 ribs of celery - chopped
1 - 2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning, depending on how spicy you like your food
enough mayonnaise to make the mixture moist

Remove the tails from the shrimp and cut shrimp into bite size pieces. Mix shrimp with the rest of the ingredients. Refridgerate in a covered container for several hours to let the flavors mingle. Do NOT add salt as the Old Bay seasoning is salty.
This is good on any kind of bread or rolls.

I grew up in Maryland and ate this a lot. Maybe I should post it in the Foodies thread?
Thank you! I love Old Bay. Yes. I think you should post it in the foodies forum. :agree:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dunno. It's two days before my big monthly shopping trip, so I'm making do. Without a recipe. Tuna salad, maybe, I still have bread and plenty of tuna.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Have you ever tried a "chickpea salad sandwich"? It's very much like tuna salad. And if you use canned chickpeas, you can stock up on grocery day, and have them around for when you need something quick and easy. I find Organic canned chickpeas work best for the sandwiches, but you could use regular canned ones. Or you could use dry chickpeas, but that would involve soaking & cooking, so not quick and easy.

If you're interested, here's a recipe to use as a guide. When I make it, I put mayo, celery, red onion (sometimes) and grated carrot. It really is yummy. And I must make it again soon.
Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling Recipe

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds delicious. I need to add celery and lemon juice to my shopping list so I can make it. That has a lot of good looking vegetarian recipes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a shrimp salad sandwich. I had made Maryland style shrimp salad and that's what I really wanted.
OOOOHHHHH! I just copied and pasted that onto a Word Doc and saved it in my recipes!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Have you ever tried a "chickpea salad sandwich"? It's very much like tuna salad. And if you use canned chickpeas, you can stock up on grocery day, and have them around for when you need something quick and easy. I find Organic canned chickpeas work best for the sandwiches, but you could use regular canned ones. Or you could use dry chickpeas, but that would involve soaking & cooking, so not quick and easy.

If you're interested, here's a recipe to use as a guide. When I make it, I put mayo, celery, red onion (sometimes) and grated carrot. It really is yummy. And I must make it again soon.
Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling Recipe
UM...see above, and I have a coupon for chickpeas, would you believe? One of those oddball things I thought I wouldn't need, but then, look what I have to think with!

Spaghetti tonight, shopping tomorrow!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
leftovers for me too...

I have some chicken that I'd cooked up in a bit of fresh garlic and fresno chili
spaghetti squash
homemade apple chutney

sometimes these things just happen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I need better freezer labels; the ones I have are starting to fall off. I took out what I thought was a small pork roast. Turns out it's country-style spareribs. We were going to have them on Saturday, but then got busy with shopping and window-shopping. We ended up having dinner at a local restaurant and then going to visit with Rick's mom for awhile.

So I have these spareribs in the fridge. I think I'm going to make applesauce-BBQ spareribs for dinner tonight. With plain old parsley potatoes.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My microwave oven died on me this afternoon so I went to Sears and got another one. Since Sears is right across from the Chinese place I stopped and got a order of vegetable fried rice and tofu with fried vegetables. I will have half of the tofu and vegetables tonight and the rest the next 3 meals.
The microwave that just died on me was only 3 years old and it was a Sharp I had gotten at BJ's. The first microwave I had gotten was a Sears Kenmore and it lasted 16 years. They just don't make things like they used to.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i have struggles with the stickers i use to label things i freeze too! lately, i've been using small pieces of scrap paper, put the sticker on that, into a snack sized zipper bag or fold-over sandwich bag and place inside the container on top, then freeze. most recently, i used that method to label the small corn tortillas that i vacuum sealed in portions and then froze.

They just don't make things like they used to.
i totally agree!! :agree: i've still got my microwave that i bought 13 years ago, and it's still running fine. the clock on it has never kept the time accurately, but otherwise it's never had any problems. i'm sure that when my microwave finally goes to it's 'great beyond', the microwave i buy to replace it won't be as long-lived. i attribute that to cheap parts, companies cutting costs by using cheap parts.

i'll heat up some cabbage roll casserole (the last of this container), and have a handful of nacho cheese tortilla chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.