What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What I want is either a good pot of chili, or a pot of stew. I lack the makings for either. What I shall probably have is a fried egg sandwich. SIGH...somehow, it just isn't the same!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That sounds delicious.
I hope so. So far the slow cooker is REALLY slow cooking! Not even boiling yet and it's been a few hours. Think it'll be tomorrow's dinner, at this rate. So now not sure what I'm having tonight. :sigh:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What I want is either a good pot of chili, or a pot of stew. I lack the makings for either. What I shall probably have is a fried egg sandwich. SIGH...somehow, it just isn't the same!
I understand your disappointment but maybe you can compliment your fried egg sandwich by dicing up oven baked potatoes or even frozen hash browns if you have any in the freezer. Heck, even frozen french fries will do.:goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chili. I took some ground beef from the freezer last night. Everything is in the crock pot, simmering away. I'll make a pan of Vermont cornbread to go with it. I think chili will hit the spot today.

And Dear Richard has requested an apple dumpling for dessert, so I'll get a pan out of the freezer later on.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My SLOW cooker pasta sauce was finally done at 8:00 last night, but I was hungry long before that, so I ended up having Avocado Toast topped with sliced strawberries. Tonight is easy though: the veggie pasta sauce, over penne.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I was a cooking fiend.. Yup.. have not done that in a very long time. When you live alone, it is hard to get into the habit of cooking..It felt so good.. took my time, not stressed, music blasting.. it was a good day...

I made a small pan of tomato sauce with cut up sweet Italian Sausages..
And then a big pot of Chicken Soup ~~ which came out so good.. I did not eve have to add any broth or bullion to it! It was all natural ingredients from ME!! so good.

I will portion and put them in the freezer, for later this winter..

Last night was pasta..I was testing the soup all day...

Today will be chicken soup... not sure if I want the Alphabet pasta in it or not...

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it will probably be something involving chicken. We haven't had any for awhile. I would love to have it grilled, but our concrete pad there outside the garage is a sheet of snow and ice. So maybe I will grill it on the George Foreman. I have a fresh cabbage given to us by the same friend who passed us 20 pounds of collards. I think I will stir fry it in the electric skillet. I am wishing for potato salad, but no potatoes in my kitchen. So it probably will be rice instead. I want to get out of this house. So tired of the snow and ice.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I forgot to hit the freezer, so whatever I scrounge...hmmmm...it's still chilly out, I think I'll do breakfast for supper with homemade biscuits and scrambled eggs.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's going to be a lightened up chicken pot pie type recipe made in the Instant Pot.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Left over lasagna from Christmas. Took it out of the freezer this morning.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steamed halibut. I kept it simple with lemon slices and salt and pepper. I still have a container of leftover meatballs and pasts O's but I'm a little tired of it :paranoid: It needs oomph but I can't figure out what it needs:think: I do put grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of pepper flakes on it but it's lacking something.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dunno. I'll figure it out when I get hungry enough to wander into the kitchen, which means either a sandwich or scrambled eggs and toast or biscuits. I'm 20 days into the month...the "grab-and-go" selections are getting sparse.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Meetig friends for dinner tonight at a mediterranean restaurant - can't wait! :yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dunno. I'll figure it out when I get hungry enough to wander into the kitchen, which means either a sandwich or scrambled eggs and toast or biscuits. I'm 20 days into the month...the "grab-and-go" selections are getting sparse.
I wish you could come with me to the mediterranean restaurant and meet my friends, I'm sure you would like them. The food is pretty good too. ;)

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover "red top" deep dish pan pizza (pasta sauce on top of the pizza instead of baked on the crust) that I made for lunch today...and a few extra meals.

Served "Red Top" Style w/Sauce, Spinach & Parmesan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
~drools lightly on keyboard~
Drools lightly, my foot! My keyboard is a slobbering mess! Darn, but that pizza looks good!

No clue tonight. Rick is off work today. I have a hair appt tonight. I guess whatever he makes will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.