What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The homemade wonton wrappers turned out well. Someone remind never to do that again though! Lots of work, and I have a bunch of refrigerated wrappers now that need to be stuffed and frozen tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was and appetizer of pork wontons in Asian pork broth and pork fried rice with egg for the main course.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so the new obsession here is snow peas.
I don't know, either.
I've been unwilling to do new stuff and will save that for the fall so for now we're keeping it simple foods. Tonight will be chicken, snow peas and mixed veg and some rice. It works!
Dogs had a boneless meal of chicken breast, pumpkin and yogurt.
Cats had chicken breast with bone in rabbit.
Everyone got a blue berry last night because I was curious if anyone would eat it. A few dogs did, some didn't, and the cats played ping pong with them well into the morning.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggplant Parmesan is one of my favorites. I'm thinking of trying to go vegetarian for a month this summer and see how it goes. Not vegan because I love cheese and honey.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggplant Parmesan is one of my favorites. I'm thinking of trying to go vegetarian for a month this summer and see how it goes. Not vegan because I love cheese and honey.
Good for you. I have been vegetarian for over 60 yeas. I was vegan for 12 years but I had to give it up when a pizza did me in. The hardest thing for me to go vegan was giving up cheese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cheeseburgers on the grill (baby Swiss cheese) with caramelized onions, baked beans from the freezer (I made them for Memorial Day), and a chopped salad.

I made Rick French toast with sausages this morning for his Father's Day breakfast.

(Remember last fall when I made tons of zucchini relish? I went down to the basement to get a jar for the fridge this morning; I'm down to five half-pints of relish. I gave a couple jars to my sister, who came by a couple months ago for four more jars. My BIL asked for several jars, too. This zucchini relish has turned into a huge family favorite; it sure beats Heinz or Vlasic pickle relish!)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orange, I bet your soft taco was better than Taco Bell's. They don't put much filling in theirs and I don't find them satisfying. Looks great! For dinner last night I made my own Italian sub, the "authentic" way using olive oil & red wine vinegar instead of Italian dressing. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm thinking i'll make breakfast for dinner this evening! pancakes with real maple syrup, and 2 or 3 fried eggs (maybe 4 fried eggs, if i'm feeling like i haven't had enough protein). i'll have the last raspberry carob brownie later in the evening. :D
I love pancakes any time of day. I had pancakes, butter and syrup for dinner on Friday at IHOP along with some hash browns and coffee. They were so good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...hot dog stromboli is DA BOMB! There was one small kerfluffle, because I was so excited I forgot to add salt to the dough, but there was enough salt in the hot dogs and cheese that it wasn't much missed. I may try spreading a little hot dog chili in there at some point, and it would be very easy to replace the onions and/or cheese with a thin spread of ketchup and/or mustard. I don't think that pickle relish would bake well, but if anyone knows different, I want to hear about it. OH...and refrigerated pie crusts would certainly work if you don't bake! It was filling and very satisfying. NOT a company dish, but great for just me.

Tonight? Heck, I dunno. Think I'll run pull a chicken breast out of the freezer and make chicken salad.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, I love your adventures with hot dog recipes Mamany. I made myself a pizza sub in the toaster oven. Nothing too fancy, but it was good. This is my skill level right now. Maybe something fancier as I teach myself to cook. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.