What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Cracker Barrel and I got a vegetable plate for my dinner. Broccoli, fried apples, carrots and a salad. Very tasty for my junk food dinner.
That sounds healthy and delicious!

This is junk food. :p I'll get groceries tomorrow and go back to my preservative-free "real food" cooking to assuage today's guilt!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is junk food. :p I'll get groceries tomorrow and go back to my preservative-free "real food" cooking to assuage today's guilt!

It was delicious but maybe not so healthy. I also had a corn muffin and ice tea with the meal.

We will probably go to Taco Bell for a taco salad on Friday. Monday we had Chinese. I've been eating out way too much this week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy We like Cracker Barrel, too; it's Rick favorite place to go for breakfast. He's a big fan of their Sunrise Sampler.

I'm off work today. Took a nice chuck roast out of the freezer last night. I'm making beef stew in the casserole crock pot. A salad and some yeast rolls that I had made and tossed in the freezer a couple weeks ago. Dessert will be an angel food cake with fresh strawberries and a dollop of vanilla ice cream; I have the angel food cake in the oven now. The mint is up in the garden, so I'm going to grab some leaves to make mint tea.

C'mon in and join us for dinner tonight!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cracker Barrell is one of my faves, too. LOVE the hashbrown casserole!

Last night was a vertigo night. I did manage a piece of bread with butter around midnight. Tonight, while I'm better, I'm still a tad rocky, so hot dogs it is! They are already thawed, so I can have dinner ready in less than 3 minutes.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I'm sorry Mamanyt that you weren't well yesterday, but happy to hear you're a bit better today.

And now...some of you folks are going to force me to drive to the next town sometime to eat at Cracker Barrel. It will be all y'alls faults that I get a fabulous dinner that I didn't cook at home. :p

Haven't finalized tonight's plans yet. I have hamburger thawed from yesterday, but I skipped buying groceries again today when the boss texted me "no work today"...so I didn't leave the house.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I pulled a bunch of pork bones out of the freezer and filled up the crock pot for bone stock. That's been going 24 hours, so I'm about to strain the bones and save the meat.

I'm going to embark on a new dough adventure and try homemade wonton wrappers today.

If all goes well, I'll have pork/cabbage/carrot/onion wonton soup dressed up with a little fish sauce, soy, and red pepper flakes. If the wonton wrappers flop, I'll have pork/cabbage/carrot/onion and rice soup.

Following this recipe and instructional video for the wonton wrappers.
wonton wrappers | China Sichuan Food

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds great Orange. I actually have some Sichuan peppercorns that I never use. I should take a look at that website and see if I can find something to make with them.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ummmmmmm...I'll tell you tomorrow? Tuna or chicken salad, maybe. It's so hot I could care less.

LOL, last night as I was watching TV and thinking about why I'm so addicted to hot dogs with cheese and onions, I HAD A THOUGHT! Now, these are often absurd and/or downright dangerous, BUT...what if I make a nice dough, roll it out. place a layer of cheese over one half, sprinkle with chopped onions, slice hot dogs fairly thinly over the cheese and onions, more cheese, fold over and bake...Hot dog, cheese and onion stromboli! Somebody shoot me now!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamany, you mean like Crescent Roll Hot Dogs? My mom used to make those all the time when I was a kid. They were really good. I always think of you when I eat hot dogs now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.