What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
God knows.  Suzanne is here watching some shows I recorded for her, and I have no clue when she will leave.  She ate before she came over, forgetting that I eat late.  Probably fried egg sandwiches.

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm making dinner for half the week, beef and broccoli with mushrooms and onions. I might snack on that while I cook or just have a veggie burger with spinach, tomato and pesto.

Edit: I ended up raiding the fridge and found ingredients to make a 'blt' with brie, turkey bacon, tomatoes and spinach leaves.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making chicken corn soup with rivels today. With an orange meringue pie for dessert (a wonderful friend from CA sent me a beautiful box of oranges and lemons. And some candied orange peel....her candied orange peel is wonderful stuff. So I'm making an orange meringue pie with some of my orange bounty!

I'm thinking of making some lovely orange curd....does anybody know if it can be frozen? Has anybody tried freezing any curd, orange, lemon, etc? Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm thinking of making some lovely orange curd....does anybody know if it can be frozen? Has anybody tried freezing any curd, orange, lemon, etc? Thanks!
I've never tried it, but apparently it can be frozen for up to a year. :)

http://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/nchfp/factsheets/lemoncurd.pdf

I stocked up at the grocery store yesterday and have a ton of options for dinner. Arugula salad with scallops, zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs or sausage and sauce, eggs, etc. I have a tortilla soup mix I'm going to make up today. I'll have to ask Aaron what he feels like having.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Barbecued shrimp over brown rice with a simple salad of lettuce and tomatoes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Left over Shepherds' Pie and cherry pie, of course.  Tomorrow, too, probably.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's a toss up between left over vegetarian chili and a large salad with falafel.  Not in much of a cooking mood tonight.  But I did find out about Oreo Thins on the Today Show this morning.
  I went shopping this afternoon and found them but restrained myself from putting them in the cart.  It wasn't easy, I walked back over to the aisle twice then immediately went in the check-out line, no Oreo Thins in hand. I wonder if I'll regret my decision after dinner. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When I froze the chicken corn soup from Tuesday, I kept a container in the fridge for tonight. Rick is bowling early and he has a union meeting right after work, so we're having the soup with a couple garlic-parm yeast rolls. The last of the orange meringue pie for dessert. I need dinner on the table quickly tonight.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cod fillets  with lemon over quinoa with feta and spinach asparagus.. mmmmm

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I have to run down the budget, but it all is well, a pizza!
You need to Celebrate!!  Order a pizza and invite Suzanne over to share it with you!! Have a party!!

It is your Birthday!! Celebrate!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a nice full meal tonight for me! i've been so busy for the last few days that i haven't eaten as well as i should. so i'll have quiche, a handful of mini pretzels, some carrot and celery pieces with ranch dressing as a dip, a few spoonfuls of (canned) tropical fruit, and a slice of cherry pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.