What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nephew and his family is here with his family. We got 4 pizza's last night for everyone's dinner. I brought one extra to freeze so I will have it on hand when I want some. There are times when I'm home bound and can't get out to the stores. We went to Pizza Hut and the pizza was really good. I have not had any of their pizza in years. Tonight I'm having organic tomato soup and some toast. I don't feel up to making a grilled cheese.

Muffy

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday because of the migraine, I didn't even enjoy dinner; I plan to make up for lost time tonight! :drool:
Sorry about the migraine, I had one today due to the drastic weather change. Hope you enjoyed your dinner tonight. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you neely neely Those migraines can really knock you for a loop sometimes. And I did enjoy last night. We had the leftover meat loaf from Sunday night in sandwiches (I love meat loaf sandwiches). Later on, I had two nectarines and one plum. And that was my supper.

So tonight we are having the leftover pulled pork with the leftover beans, macaroni salad, and coleslaw.

I am so thankful that Dear Richard doesn't mind leftovers!

muffy muffy it's been a long time since we had Pizza Hut pizza. Rick keeps saying that he wants to order from there. Our problem is that we've gotten lazy. The other pizza shops all deliver within a five-mile radius of their shops and we fall into that radius with most of them. Pizza Hut does not deliver, so Rick would have to run down. It's easier just to call and say, "Oh, this is for delivery, please!" :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do not think they are sure where Irma is headed. It is too early. Seems as if Florida is definitely getting hit, one way or another.. where it goes from there???

One spaghetti stream has it over South Carolina... Be careful...but not for another week.

And then, we have Jose! another contender....OMGosh...
Weather Channel shows it headed my way, I'm just above South Carolina. I didn't do the tuna last night, so I'll do it tonight.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester:
I didn't know Pizza Hut did not deliver. They are only 3 miles from where I live so it would not be to much trouble to go pick it up. That's where I'm getting my pizza from now on. Their thin crust pizza was wonderful. I was going to Papa John's and I did not care too much for them.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i'll be baking some 'Buttery, soft dinner rolls' -- dough made in the bread machine, formed into rolls, let rise, and then baked in the toaster oven.

i'll have some pulled pork on one of those rolls, some apple sauce, and some strawberry jello for my dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I'm not a big Papa John's fan at all, but Rick likes them. We have a place called Rocco's that delivers and their pizza is the old-fashioned kind with the huge slices and tons of toppings. The sauce isn't sweet and the seasoning is perfect....I'm a big Rocco's fan. They deliver within a 5-mile radius and we are on the very, very edge.

I think tonight is spaghetti night. Rick said he really wants spaghetti. I'm not to eat tomato stuff right now, so I'll make myself a veggie omelet.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Made that store run last night. I got the last 4 loaves of bread that cost under two bucks a loaf, the last big jar of my favorite peanut butter, 3 jars of various preserves (so I can vary my diet :p) and 5 gallons of water. I have plenty of supplies for Her Royal Furriness. I NEVER run low on those! We're set if it wobbles back east and hits us.

As of a couple of hours ago, it was expected to pass to the west of us with winds in the 60mph range when it get to our latitude, so I'm not nearly so worried. I now have to go stuff that bread in the freezer. Somehow:headscratch:.

Tonight I'm going to have more of the pork stew that I froze. It really is yummish.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday when I came home from work, I was expecting to mow the lawn. Just as I pulled up the driveway, a huge cloudburst hit us with a ton of rain. I walked in the door and well, I couldn't mow because the grass was too wet. We went out for dinner instead. Worked for me!

My GF asked us to come for dinner tonight. She's doing brats on the grill. I'm making a pan of mac and cheese and a chocolate cake with my whipped peanut butter frosting. It'll be a good dinner.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine and myself went out for Chinese last night. I had fried Tofu with vegetables. It was very good.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHOOO HOOOOO! No major issues with Irma, now saying 30-35mph winds and only .5 inch of rain! Dang...I could have had that pizza, although if I had, Irma would have hit here head on and me not prepared! You just KNOW it would have!

Tonight? Tuna salad. I feel fishy.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken tortilla soup tonight. I pretty much have everything pre-cooked and frozen from previous weekends of bulk cooking, so the soup will just be "some assembly required".

MamaNYT...happy to hear you're out of harm's way!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
WHOOO HOOOOO! No major issues with Irma, now saying 30-35mph winds and only .5 inch of rain! Dang...I could have had that pizza, although if I had, Irma would have hit here head on and me not prepared! You just KNOW it would have!

Tonight? Tuna salad. I feel fishy.
You feel fishy??? :eek: I don't even know what to think about that! :lol: I'm glad you're out of harm's way. Good!

I have a nice chuck roast in the crock pot topped with caramelized onions. There are chunked potatoes and halved baby carrots in the crock pot, too. Seasoned with my version of Emeril's Rustic Rub. And a bit of a mix of beef stock and red wine. I'll thicken the stock up to make a bit of gravy.

We are also having a cauliflower salad with a yellow sliced pepper. And bread pudding for dessert. That's in the oven as I type. Mint tea....I want to get as much mint tea while the mint is still in the garden!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And now I feel drooly...that sounds WONDERFUL!
Tonight...um...I dunno. spaghetti, maybe. That's simple, and I have half a slab of French bread thawed for garlic bread.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Having another chiefs salad tonight.. forgot to buy some salad dressing; so, it will be EVOO and balsamic vinegar...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Having leftover vegetarian chili BUT I baked cornbread from scratch to go with it. One of my favorite comfort foods!
I'll go along with muffy muffy and third that! I dearly love chili (vegetarian or meat, I like both) with a good pan of cornbread. I make Vermont cornbread, so called because it's made with maple syrup, so it's a sweeter version. It is so good.

I have a recipe for vegetarian chili that I think is wonderful stuff. Even Rick, who is a diehard carnivore, likes it. The list of ingredients is kind of long, but once you're got it together, it just simmers merrily away for an hour or so. It contains cumin (I love cumin!), chopped carrots, bulgur (I love bulgur, too, but I read that you can replace the bulgur with quinoa, if you want), lots of mushrooms, and other good things. The recipe is from the Frog Commissary restaurant in Philadelphia....I have their cookbook, which contains pretty much all vegetarian recipes. There's also a really good bread recipe in that book that I use quite a bit. And oh my heavens, the carrot cake recipe is that book is simply to-die-for! It is that good.

A good pot of chili and a good pan of cornbread.....you just can't beat it. :yummy: And now? I'm starving for chili!

Dinner tonight? Leftover pot roast with a Parmesan garlic roll from the freezer.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was so busy last week I don't know if I cooked a single meal. Back at it today with a scallop caesar salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.