What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I decided to bite the bullet, spend an incredible amount of money and get a lobster roll.
The summer is just about over, and I have not had any this year. I got some onion rings on the side..

For some reason, my exceptions exceeded the meal.. I ate it all. I was not going to let it go to waste.. but it just did not hit the spot.. I could not take it home; as Artie would be all over me..

I ate the lobster and the onion rings, but left the roll!!!

So an entire lobster and some onion rings for last nights supper.

It is now 8:45am, the next day, and I am still stuffed!!

Tonight, it will be a huge salad, but I do not know what protein I will put in it... I am tired of chicken..

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I took some fresh kale and stirred fried it with a can of potatoes. I was going to have tofu instead of potatoes but I could not find the container I thought I had. I also had a dinner roll I had gotten from Einstein Brothers. I did not know we had an Einstein in my area but I found one last week. I brought 2 bags (13 in each bag) of bagels, cut them up and froze them. They are so good to have on hand when I want one. My freezer is jammed packed.

Muffy

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
chef's salad... with cheese and some deli honey turkey .....EVOO and balsamic vinegar for dressing.. of course garlic/cheese croutons!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue whatsoever. I may break down and order a pizza, although that's very iffy. I have cans of tuna and chicken breast in the refrigerator, so a salad of some sort is also in the offing. I'll have to wait and see where my tummy is later on.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes. Roasted carrots. Mint tea.

I think I'll try those Duncan Hines Perfect size thingies for a bit of dessert. We can have them with a scoop of Vanilla Bean ice cream.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes. Roasted carrots. Mint tea.

I think I'll try those Duncan Hines Perfect size thingies for a bit of dessert. We can have them with a scoop of Vanilla Bean ice cream.
Doncha LOVE those Perfect Size thingies? Living alone, desserts can be tricky, especially when faced with a big, beautiful SOMETHING that I really like...what to do? WHAT TO DO? It is better to take a reasonable helping, and risk it going stale or soggy, or throw caution to the winds and hurt myself? Those thingies make dessert guilt-free (not even any icing...just yummy cake. And they make CORNBREAD TOO!

Pork stew for supper tonight. I actually remembered to haul a portion out of the freezer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Veggie Burritos tonight. I've had a taste for them all week and DH concurred, although he's not a veggie person so he will get chicken in his burrito.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Single serving mug cakes are pretty popular. You stir the ignredients into a microwave safe mug and pop it into the microwave for no more than a minute or two (usually) on high power. I haven't tried it but I hear that the results are pretty decent. This chocolate one looks yummy :yummy: Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Dinner was leftovers of something Mom made. It wasn't that great since Mom isn't a very good cook :headshake: Too salty and one-note. Tomorrow I have pan seared chicken tenderloins from the freezer and maybe some pasta or something to go with it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pinned that, and will be searching more mug cake recipes. Our Walmart is slowly cutting down on the varieties, so I'm looking into making my own, anyway.

Tonight...yeah. Hot dogs with onion and cheese. I need to use up the onion I already have diced. OH WHO AM I TRYING TO FOOL??? Y'all know I'm addicted to the dratted things.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Single serving mug cakes are pretty popular. You stir the ignredients into a microwave safe mug and pop it into the microwave for no more than a minute or two (usually) on high power. I haven't tried it but I hear that the results are pretty decent. This chocolate one looks yummy :yummy: Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Dinner was leftovers of something Mom made. It wasn't that great since Mom isn't a very good cook :headshake: Too salty and one-note. Tomorrow I have pan seared chicken tenderloins from the freezer and maybe some pasta or something to go with it.

Glad you kind of got into a semi-relationship with your family.. You do need time for yourself..you have been doing that.. it is good to see you are dealing with your family on YOUR terms......good for you.. you love your mom, but it is at your feelings, and doings.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers from our Labor Day dinner yesterday: pulled pork sandwiches, macaroni salad, coleslaw, beans, and chocolate cookies for dessert. Some sweetened decaf mint tea for Rick and unsweetened decaf mint tea for me. Yesterday because of the migraine, I didn't even enjoy dinner; I plan to make up for lost time tonight! :drool:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was going to order pizza, but until I know for sure what Irma is going to do, I'd better hand on to my money, in case I have to go to the store for water, bread and pbj. Everything else is taken care of. Tuna salad, I suppose.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I do not think they are sure where Irma is headed. It is too early. Seems as if Florida is definitely getting hit, one way or another.. where it goes from there???

One spaghetti stream has it over South Carolina... Be careful...but not for another week.

And then, we have Jose! another contender....OMGosh...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks delicious. I've bookmarked it and will try it soon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to order pizza, but until I know for sure what Irma is going to do, I'd better hand on to my money, in case I have to go to the store for water, bread and pbj. Everything else is taken care of. Tuna salad, I suppose.
I just saw on the news that people were standing in line all around the stores to get bottled water. One women said this was her third store and she was finally able to get some. Good luck.

Muffy

Status
Not open for further replies.