What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate out at a mall. My ear doctor has to have his clinic in a mall. To much temptation.

I had a sort of far eastern meal, noodles, not pasta, with all sorts of veggies and a chopped salad which was boring. The noodles were edible.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a late lunch so no dinner tonight. Buffalo Wild Wings....my parents ate there for lunch and brought me back a BBQ'd chicken sandwich and fries. It had cheese, bacon, tomatoes and pickled onions. I hate onions but omg those pickled onions were amazing! I had no problem eating them.

It was delicious! They actually got 2 free since the original order was messed up. So I had half grilled and half crispy. My mom switched me for a half of mine so I could have crispy.. grilled chicken when we go out to eat bothers my stomach sometimes. But, fine when it's grilled at home.  They BBQ sauce was sort of spicy... but it was good! 

I just finished my fries actually...couldn't eat them all earlier.

It's funny because I have been wanting to go there. We just got one earlier this year and amazing food & service!

Moose tracks (vanilla ice cream with fudge & peanut butter cups) for dessert while I watch a movie.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

We had a late lunch so no dinner tonight. Buffalo Wild Wings....my parents ate there for lunch and brought me back a BBQ'd chicken sandwich and fries. It had cheese, bacon, tomatoes and pickled onions. I hate onions but omg those pickled onions were amazing! I had no problem eating them.

It was delicious! They actually got 2 free since the original order was messed up. So I had half grilled and half crispy. My mom switched me for a half of mine so I could have crispy.. grilled chicken when we go out to eat bothers my stomach sometimes. But, fine when it's grilled at home.  They BBQ sauce was sort of spicy... but it was good! 

I just finished my fries actually...couldn't eat them all earlier.

It's funny because I have been wanting to go there. We just got one earlier this year and amazing food & service!

Moose tracks (vanilla ice cream with fudge & peanut butter cups) for dessert while I watch a movie.

Love Moose Tracks. Rick wanted some when we went to the grocery store. Turkey Hill was on sale 2/$5 and I had a coupon to bring it down to $1.88. The ice cream is now in our freezer....and I'm trying not to hear it calling to me. Oh, and a Buffalo Wild Wings is opening soon at our local mall. I dearly love wings, so we plan on checking it out.

Tonight's dinner will be a pork chop, split between Rick and me. Not sure about sides yet, but am thinking about a container of crock pot beans from the freezer.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Boca burgers are a veggie burger. Never have had one though!
 Neither have I, and I'm a vegetarian!  I mostly make my own veggie burgers, though I do like the Burger King veggie burger on occasion.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Neither have I, and I'm a vegetarian!  I mostly make my own veggie burgers, though I do like the Burger King veggie burger on occasion.
If you can find them (I get them at Wal Mart), try the Morningstar Farms spicy black bean ones. I think they are great and I am not a vegetarian. They also make a mushroom lover's one that is good too. I like to cook them on the George Foreman grill until the outside gets crispy. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I like both the Boca varieties as well as Morning Star burgers. They're low in calories and high in protein. They taste better when they're grilled instead of just being browned in a saute pan. Topped with some mushrooms and onions, they're really not that bad. 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just Googled and it doesn't look like either Boca or Morning Star veggie burgers are available in Canada.  But now I'm craving a veggie burger.   May have to make homemade black bean veggie burgersfor dinner.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I like both the Boca varieties as well as Morning Star burgers. They're low in calories and high in protein. They taste better when they're grilled instead of just being browned in a saute pan. Topped with some mushrooms and onions, they're really not that bad. 
I like the spicy black bean ones with grilled onions and a sprinkling of blue cheese crumbles on them. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork chops roasted with baby red potatoes and Brussels sprouts. 

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Love Moose Tracks. Rick wanted some when we went to the grocery store. Turkey Hill was on sale 2/$5 and I had a coupon to bring it down to $1.88. The ice cream is now in our freezer....and I'm trying not to hear it calling to me. Oh, and a Buffalo Wild Wings is opening soon at our local mall. I dearly love wings, so we plan on checking it out.

Tonight's dinner will be a pork chop, split between Rick and me. Not sure about sides yet, but am thinking about a container of crock pot beans from the freezer.
I do too! That's great...it's more like pub food and you get the option of boneless which are easier to eat! I really like it there. I have been there 4 times since they opened....I usually get the build your own chicken sandwich (crispy with cheese and bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickled onions and a pickle spear) with fries...and their southwestern ranch sauce is to die for! Their dessert nachos are good too!

Tonight is beef tacos.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight is burgers from the freezer. I'm going to be busy with cooking and Rick said he'd make dinner for us.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not certain about supper tonight.

Yesterday I was gone all day. I left plenty of food for Artie, but he did not eat even 1/4 of what I had down for him. 

When I opened the door, he had been sleeping on my bed. 

Artie ran over to me. Wow! did I get yelled at!! and it continued all night!! He really gave me a talking to....

He started asking for fresh food, in between his yelling at me for leaving him alone for so long!

Poor thing, he is really used to having me around. At times like this, I think he would be better off with some companionship. 

Last night I had a couple slices of bakery pizza. Tonight I am not sure...it is up in the air. 

PS....I still got yelled at this morning!

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And can,t they tell you off. If its not yelling its cold hard silence, which is just  as bad. So you turn yourself in knots trying to please your friend by giving them every thing they shouldn't have. Been there Regards anneno2

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Not certain about supper tonight.

Yesterday I was gone all day. I left plenty of food for Artie, but he did not eat even 1/4 of what I had down for him. 

When I opened the door, he had been sleeping on my bed. 

Artie ran over to me. Wow! did I get yelled at!! and it continued all night!! He really gave me a talking to....

He started asking for fresh food, in between his yelling at me for leaving him alone for so long!

Poor thing, he is really used to having me around. At times like this, I think he would be better off with some companionship. 

Last night I had a couple slices of bakery pizza. Tonight I am not sure...it is up in the air. 

PS....I still got yelled at this morning!
I know what you mean. Not long after we got Henry, I had to go out of town for a small trip. It was actually less than 48 hours. I had the fountains out, the automatic feeders set up, extra litter boxes set up all with fresh litter and when I got back, he was MAD. The girls were fine, they were happy to see me but everything with them was the usual. He has a very expressive face and I saw the anger in his eyes. I sat next to his tote to talk to him and he hissed at me. I went back in periodically to check on him and the look in his eyes softened more and more and he was back to himself within a day or so. I kept telling him how sorry I was that he was upset and that we all loved him and wanted him to be happy. I was put in the doghouse by a cat for a couple of days.

I thin I'll make a burger for dinner with some zucchini, yellow squash and onions sauteed in a bit of olive oil, salt and crushed red pepper with it. I think I'll put the veggies over the burger and skip the bun and all that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.