and the breeder recommends mainly bird meat with a wildtraxsupply supplement

Was wondering what worked for others?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d never use Wild Trax, personally. They don’t have a nutritional breakdown (I.e how much iodine, calcium, etc is in their supplement, so skeptical of how nutritionally complete it is), and they have some really questionable ingredients, like Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide for an iodine source, and processed soybean, which is pretty bad for cats.

I’d recommend pretty much any other meat completer, like Alnutrin, EZComplete, TCFeline, etc. I’d also suggest feeding things other than chicken and other similar fowl. It’s high in omega 6s, which can cause issues in the long term if fed as an only diet. It’s fine as a staple, but variation is good. Most meat completers in the market also need a source of omega 3, which can be achieved with fish oil at time of feeding or sardines (unsalted in water).

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Congratulations on a beautiful cat!!
Mazuri is a good supplement. Honestly you should find a feline only veterinarian and get your kitten in for an exam. Please make sure to use a feline only vet and one who has experience with Savannah’s.

I have first hand seen the effects of an improper calcium to phosphorus ratio cause a Serval kittens bones to become like paper causing multiple fractures resulting in euthanasia at 4 months of age.
So please find a good vet to help you and make sure to ask about Gabapentin prior to your visit.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your cat is amazing!! Forgot to tell you how jealous I am right now!!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! new here
I just purchased my first F1 savannah kitten
and the breeder recommend mainly bird meat with a wildtraxsupply supplement

Was wondering what worked for others?
Cool looking Cat. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator: