What's a good puzzle feeder for kibble?

MohnJadden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We're about to go on vacation in late March. We normally feed our upstairs cat Freddie 3 times during the day - two servings of Nutro for breakfast and dinner, one for lunch. We supplement with a little kibble commensurate to his weight, but he tends to eat all the kibble he can as soon as it's available. We've put it into a puzzle feeder mat and in a cardboard box with holes punched into it - he'll just reach in, grab what he can, and repeat.

We will have twice-daily pet sitters during the vacation, and I'm hoping to get him to slow down and treat the AM kibble serving as an all-day affair. Other than a timer-release flip tray feeder, is there any puzzle feeder that would be good to ensure he can have kibble available during the day? Preferably with a very heavy bottom, he'll happily upend containers if he thinks there's kibble.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got this one for our 10 mo old kitten. It's out of stock on Chewy right now, but I ended up getting it on Amazon. He hasn't quite figured out the top of the tunnel piece, but he has figured out the other sections. I use this to occupy him for 10-ish minutes when he's under foot or if I just need to get him in another room to close him off from another section of the house. I only use it for treats and not for meals so far, but I'm sure it would work well for dry food meals.