What your cat says when it walks...

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my kitten, George, has this cute little wiggling swagger that says "I am the cat's meow AND a bag of chips!" and my older kitty, Had, walks all serene and dignified that looks like she just had a herald announce her as the queen.

i wanted to know what your cats walk says. there are as many ways to walk as there is cats.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stoli - i am the cat's meow and a bag of chips or i'm desperate FEED me.

luxor - do da do da do, la la la la la, ooo a bird

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone always tells me that Rambo walks like a cowboy who's spent too much time in the saddle!! There is nothing delicate about his walk!!

Lucky isn't very gracefully either...unless she knows someone is watching, and then she suddenly becomes very delicate and graceful!!

(of course if they hear the can opener...they run like a herd of elephants!)

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Buffy walks with a queenly parade; she knows she's hot stuff and she's not afraid to flaunt it. If she could, she'd swing her hips, lol

Willow walks while saying, "Is it okay? What's that? Am I about to die? What's that? Do you love me? What's that?" unless she gets upset by something, then it's all, "I'm gonna kick your ass!!" (basically she scurries over the ground with her head low, staring at the offending subject, which is usually my dog)

Molly walks sort of like Buffy, but less queenly. Basically she knows she's safe and cute, but walking is the required way to get to where she's going, lol

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chevy prances and chirps. He loves to follow me. Summer walks with her tail to one side like she is the queen and ruler of all!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are good at being descriptive

Easy is a very regal cat and walks like a very elegant girl.

Ducky walks with a swing to his hips and he meows like a girl.

Tino walks like a black panther.

Laura takes these tiny quick steps and her walk is hilarious. I always laugh when shes walking in front of me.

Kiko walks light on his feet. Kind of like Laura but not as quick.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie walks like a dignified little lady, she's very petite and has a graceful way about it...hence her name (Gracie)

Annabelle is a Tortie and has major attitude or should I say Tortitude

She "announces" her entrance into a room with a very high pitched half meow half scream...it's almost as if she thinks you should bow when she comes into a room

Elliott doesn't walk, he bounds everywhere, he's two years old and full of "P*** and Vinager" as my Grandmother used to say.
He has the walk of a 12 or 13 year old human boy.

My RB kitty Lizzie was regal and elegant, like a Queen...hence her name Lizzie, short for "Queen Elizabeth".

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Willow walks while saying, "Is it okay? What's that? Am I about to die? What's that? Do you love me? What's that?"
Oh my gosh, that made me laugh so loud I scared a cat two rooms away!

My Pearl is a fluffy little knock-kneed girl with a delicate walk that says, "Yes, I know these heels are awfully high, but style is much more important than comfort."

St. John's walk is a quick little trot that barely lets his paws touch the ground. It says, "Hi! What's goin' on in here? Did I miss anything?"

And Dylan is a big ol' lanky boy with a jungle-cat stride, all coiled power and narrow glances. His walk very clearly says: "Go ahead. Make my day."

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepper was hit by a car when she was a kitten, I got her out of the road. At first she had difficulty walking, but now she has the funniest toe out walk on her back feet. It is so cute, it looks like a cartoon cat running. It is kind of a gallop, front feet, then back feet.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Skye- La di da la di da la di da. She just kind of wanders around in her own little world most of the time.

Calamity- OMG What was that noise OMG somethings going to eat me! She always has the paranoid kitty look to her unless she is right by me or one of her kittens. Otherwise she is looking like she thinks a monster will jump out of the floor at any second.

The kittens dont really walk ever. They just run and run and jump. LOL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kojak- he walks like a bow legged cowboy
he looks like he constantly has a fur wedgie

Velvet- she have a very prissy little walk-it's quite cute and dainty

Jasmine - she waddles around in a desperate attempt to find food

Isabella- she walks around like the proud, gorgeous little princess she thinks she is

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Hey you, follow me!"
or
"Yeah, I'm cute and I know it!"
or
"She's checking me out!".........Ah ha ha ha, Just kidding!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley just thinks he owns the place (if only I could get the mortgage put in his name!), so he always walks around, tail up. The problem is, he has a little kink in the tip of his tail, so he looks like a submarine with the periscope up. Kind of freaks me out at night when he comes in the bedroom for a visit because all I see at first is a crooked tail. Not sure if it's Harley, or a snake ready to strike!

Monster, poor girl, has the funniest walk. Actually, her walk is fine, it's when she tries to run. As some of you know, she needs to take phenobarbital everynight to control seizures. Some nights, like if a front is coming through, we need to give her two pills. That definitely relaxes her, but running is a challange. First, you hear her 2 rooms away (I thought cats were silent hunters!) then, it's almost like she is trying to be reaaly careful. She normally puts one paw in front of the other when she runs, but with double medicine she kind of overcompensates and ends up crossing her feet and getting her legs tangled up...needless to say, she's not that graceful on those days! But I figure a few bumps is better than going into a seizure. But, watching her play is so special because she doesn't do it very often.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
trouble..trouble..ooo something to bite!...trouble..trouble...ooo, can i knock that over???

tammie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My girl Mischief walks around 'saying' "Yup, I MEANT to do that ..." normally right after she's slid off another dining room chair or coffee table.

As for Frosty, every step says: 'play now? play now? play now?'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tammie

My girl Mischief walks around 'saying' "Yup, I MEANT to do that ..." normally right after she's slid off another dining room chair or coffee table.
Omg. thats so cute, Had does that after she is cleaning herself and doesn't pay attention to how close to the edge she is.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spot- Well, lets see...picture this: A semi-overweight (13lb), cross-eyed cat with a bald belly and hind legs that are longer than her front legs. Needless to say, Spot's not the most graceful or smart cat. I'm not sure what her walk (or rather, waddle) "says", but whatever it is it's hilarious.

Isdadora (she's the alpha cat who always looks like she's on the lookout for Spot): "Now where's that damn sister of mine, must stay away from her..I'm far too fancy and she cramps my style"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Annabelle is a Tortie and has major attitude or should I say Tortitude

She "announces" her entrance into a room with a very high pitched half meow half scream...it's almost as if she thinks you should bow when she comes into a room
Yup, sounds like Trout too