What would you say my cat is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its hard to get a great image of her coloring but its not all white, she does have patches of yellowish cream.

And her eyes aren’t blue. They are very light green with a small ring of blue

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
F66C02BC-A61C-4C94-BCF0-66E5ED9A441D.jpeg

Smarl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To me she looks like very diluted calico with tabby markings. She's very beautiful!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous 😻 her eyes still look blue to me but I’ll take your word for it. That can come from the white on her face. I would call her a dsh tabby bi-color probably brown tabby. her face and ears look oriental to me. Maybe she has pointed too.

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous 😻 her eyes still look blue to me but I’ll take your word for it. That can come from the white on her face. I would call her a dsh tabby bi-color probably brown tabby. her face and ears look oriental to me. Maybe she has pointed too.
I thought her face looked different, maybe slimmer than my other cat, but wasn’t sure. She had a very bad eye infection when I adopted her so her eyes are sensitive to light so its hard to take a decent picture of her eyes.

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s a better picture of her eyes, but it’s when I was treating her eye infection
1D3AF4AF-A37E-4CE4-A3B7-A438DE01C9C0.jpeg

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a tortie lynx point. Basically a lynx point with usually cream markings, the brown is the colorpoint color. Thats why she has blue eyes

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a better picture with light
6AD35FAC-94D1-4C89-99FE-DC71529E002D.jpeg

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is a tortie lynx point. Basically a lynx point with usually cream markings, the brown is the colorpoint color. Thats why she has blue eyes
Agree. Tortie lynx point, and white. The white covering the usual face masque...

Lynx here means tabby. Which btw makes her body darker than usually with points.

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Agree. Tortie lynx point, and white. The white covering the usual face masque...

Lynx here means tabby. Which btw makes her body darker than usually with points.
Is there a lot like her? I love her coloring but I’ve never in my life seen coloring like hers

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there a lot like her? I love her coloring but I’ve never in my life seen coloring like hers
Try to google. :)

But its not very apparent she is a point, so some of these lynx torbie points arent never identfied. (in fact, some of the lyns points arent identified, being heavily looking tabbies).

Also, the self torbie (ie tabby and tortie) is often difficult to analyse properly. Its by itself sometimes a give away. :)

FearLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to google. :)

But its not very apparent she is a point, so some of these lynx torbie points arent never identfied. (in fact, some of the lyns points arent identified, being heavily looking tabbies).

Also, the self torbie (ie tabby and tortie) is often difficult to analyse properly. Its by itself sometimes a give away. :)
Thank you, I’ll have to get more familiar with coloring and patterns

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

You're saying lynx point means there's less contrast between the body and points than solid pointed cats? Do you have sources for that? I've never heard of that. It's either temperature or genes (mink, sepia) that affect the amount of contrast in the body.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You're saying lynx point means there's less contrast between the body and points than solid pointed cats? Do you have sources for that? I've never heard of that. It's either temperature or genes (mink, sepia) that affect the amount of contrast in the body.
Its the practical observation. To put it simply, the tabby pattern is by itself coloring / darkening the otherwise typical "whitish" body of points... In cats with double tabby gene its even sometimes difficult to see its a point...