What Would You Like To See In Our Newsletter?

Which features would make you subscribe to our newsletter?

• Links to our new articles/quizzes etc.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Links to select featured threads in the forums.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Cat care tip

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Site usage tip

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Best images uploaded to the site

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're about to launch a new version to our newsletter in 2018! I'm super excited about that! :hyper:

I'm not sure how many of you are currently subscribed to our current newsletter. It's a small one sent once a month with information about the latest articles but unfortunately it's not actually connected to the forums platform.

That is going to change soon! We're working hard on establishing a newsletter that will be an integral part of the forums. What this means is that you'll be able to subscribe and unsubscribe from your account settings! :cheerleader:

So I was wondering - what kind of features would you like to see in a newsletter? I have the following in mind -

Links to our new articles/quizzes etc.
Links to select featured threads in the forums.
Cat care tip
Site usage tip
Best images uploaded to the site

No promises on any of these! Ideally, I'd love to send out a weekly feature-rich newsletter with at least some content that's unique to the newsletter. To be realistic, I'll probably stick with a monthly issue for now (but that may change down the road to bi-weekly and who knows, eventually maybe weekly).

In order to prioritize, I thought I'd ask you - our potential subscribers! - which features you'd like to see the most? And please add your own ideas in the thread too - thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Interesting results! Thanks for the votes so far! Would love to see more of them!

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - dopey question/statement from someone who's now been an over-verbal, forum-loving member of this site for quite a while...how do you give a bump up on this site? (I know in other social media - but couldn't figure out how here.) Or, AbbysMom AbbysMom , were you just being clever and saying "everybody get off your butts and give us your input!"

Other dopey thing - I didn't know there WAS a newsletter? I think I'd read anything that Anne Anne - you and your staff put together - so if one exists now - I'd love to find out how to get it! And you can tell by the fact I clicked everything possible on what I'd like to see in a new newsletter format - - - I'm all in on everything!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
OK - dopey question/statement from someone who's now been an over-verbal, forum-loving member of this site for quite a while...how do you give a bump up on this site? (I know in other social media - but couldn't figure out how here.) Or, AbbysMom AbbysMom , were you just being clever and saying "everybody get off your butts and give us your input!"
Bump means "bring up my post". It's something the Mods do occasionally when a thread is falling down the list and we'd still like members to see it. :)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Other dopey thing - I didn't know there WAS a newsletter? I think I'd read anything that Anne Anne - you and your staff put together - so if one exists now - I'd love to find out how to get it! And you can tell by the fact I clicked everything possible on what I'd like to see in a new newsletter format - - - I'm all in on everything!
This newsletter has a long history :lol: Here's the long version -
Back in the early 2000's I had TCS + another website called Meowhoo (don't look it up - nothing there now). Meowhoo was like a Yahoo directory for cats back when directories were "a thing". The newsletter was a joint one for both websites so we called it Kitty Bytes. You could (and still can for now) subscribe from both websites or from kittybytes.com.

Directories died away over the years and so did Meowhoo and the newsletter finally returned to being the TCS newsletter but it was very small and we didn't actively promote it because of the way it was set up (on a separate platform away from the site). The previous platform we were on simply didn't have a good newsletter option. :disappointed:

So when we moved to this platform, one of my goals was to finally set up the newsletter properly, connected to the site and as part of it. I've been working on that with our tech team for several weeks now and fingers crossed :crossfingers: it's going to happen in 2018! We're nearly ready and I hope to send our January issue in a brand new design, with fresh content and available to all members through site subscription :cheerleader:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Just don't automatcally subscribe anyone. Or make it automatic when you sign up for the site. I hate that and I can't stand newsletters. I get enough emails as is. I hate having to go through all these emails and click the teeny tiny "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email thats barely visible.

The only emails I like getting are coupons.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
No worries. Automatically subscribing every member account would be a huge mistake. Can you imagine sending out a newsletter to 118,000 people, many of whom provided their email address over a decade ago? :lol:

Oh, and down the road, I definitely want to get us exclusive coupons for the newsletter! So you may consider subscribing if you enjoy those :agree:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise