What Would You Call This Color?

canis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I am wondering what you guys would call this kitty's color? Would he be a bicolor point? Bicolor lynx point with the gray tabby tail? We don't see them too often where I work so we just call them "cream and brown" 😅. Thanks!
20211201_133623.jpg
20211202_093549.jpg
20211202_104927.jpg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't see any white that is distinct from the ground color so wouldn't call him bicolor. I'd call him seal lynx point, known as seal tabby point in some associations. The tabby striped tail is included in that description. I don't know if the spots on the back have a separate terminology.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He must have much white. The white covering the usual face masque... So its not only the paws, the the face too... And possibly other places too.

So, whatever his exact label and description, the phase "and white" shall be there.

ps: and white in the harlequin pattern.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was wondering if he is really a point. The eyes arent blue... But I think he is... The body coloring, although quite odd, is a very point coloring. And not all points have good blue color. Especielly not if they are domestics.. (in purebreds, typically they do breed for a good eye color among the features).
On the second pic, he HAS a somewhat bluish eye color. So its enough for our purposes.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if he is really a point. The eyes arent blue... But I think he is... The body coloring, although quite odd, is a very point coloring. And not all points have good blue color. Especielly not if they are domestics.. (in purebreds, typically they do breed for a good eye color among the features).
On the second pic, he HAS a somewhat bluish eye color. So its enough for our purposes.
Yes eyes are blue but their eyes can appear a lot lighter depending in the lighting, Quinn’s do at times and sometimes are much deeper, but domestics are lighter usually. I agree on “with white “ and white is masking the face and paws prolly. You can still see the delineation of what looks like a bicolor mask shape in his face with a very light color like on his back but even lighter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

canis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the replies! I just took him home today to see if he fits well with our human and cat family 😊 Now that I am able to observe more, he does have (currently) disticntly white body fur with the tan patches and a white mask on his face. His eyes are a seafoam green/blue with red reflective cast. His ears are mosly dark gray colored minus one white patch on the edge of his right ear. He is 3-4 months old right now, so I expect he will have some color darkening as he gets older like most colorpoints. He has a VERY wrinkly head which reminds me a lot of sphinxes and rexes, but he doesn't quite have the body structure of those breeds. His biological (probably not same fathers) brother was a full black shorthair but had a different body structure, and parents are 100% unknown as they were pulled at 4wks from a feral colony by the previous owner.
20211203_184908.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

canis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just thought I'd update the thread on how his color is developing! You can now see pretty distinctly the tabby patterning in his brown patches. He's such a sweet little cat 🥰
20220121_193255.jpg