What Would You Call This Color?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will more of a tabby pattern come in later on as he ages? There really isn't much striping now, its pretty solid. I have never really seen a color like this. You kind of see it in Snowshoe Siamese type but this guy doesn't have any sort of color point like a Siamese would. Thanks!

20180715_171031.jpg
20180715_180134.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is the kitty?
My guess would be that it is blue sepia (Burmese color) with white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is maybe 16 weeks? He was found by my friend on a busy LA freeway literally in the trash pile in the center against the cement lane divider. Someone had to have thrown him out the window there is no way he could have made it across all those lanes of traffic in this town. His little feet were burned from the hot road (this was over the 110 degree July 4th weekend) he was covered in fleas and filthy. He is a sweetheart, and needs a home if anyone is in LA that wants him ;)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy! Good thing your friend found him.

Search on "blue burmese" to see what blue sepia looks like without the white. You'll see how it's a cold color on the "points" and a warm color on the body.

One clue is that this kitten's developing eye color looks like it will be in the green/gold/orange spectrum. The sepia/burmese gene is compatible with normal cat eye color; it doesn't turn the eyes blue as the colorpoint/siamese gene does.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, he looks similar to my cat, except for the eye color. Very handsome!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He does has darker ears and tail?
Being a point of sorts, but not of the siamese blue eyed type?

If so I think he has the burmese point. Which doesnt carry blue eyes.
Possibly a combo of burmese and siamese points.
These may have blueish eyes but often hasnt. These also darken up already as kittens.
Obviously he is also carrying white spot, becoming a bicolor.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Know that you mention it StefanZ StefanZ he does have slightly darker ears and tail. I always look at the face for pointed, his lack of striping surprised me also. I hope to see him when he grows up but he will hopefully have a new home by then.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is maybe 16 weeks? He was found by my friend on a busy LA freeway literally in the trash pile in the center against the cement lane divider. Someone had to have thrown him out the window there is no way he could have made it across all those lanes of traffic in this town. His little feet were burned from the hot road (this was over the 110 degree July 4th weekend) he was covered in fleas and filthy. He is a sweetheart, and needs a home if anyone is in LA that wants him ;)
If only Rocket liked other cats, I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat. I go out to LA a few times a month for work and don't live too far away. But Rocket had a 24 hour no movement, no food protest from a kitten being in our home for fifteen minutes. *Sigh*

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If only Rocket liked other cats, I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat. I go out to LA a few times a month for work and don't live too far away. But Rocket had a 24 hour no movement, no food protest from a kitten being in our home for fifteen minutes. *Sigh*
Well if you change your mind... :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe not tossed out. What happens often in these situations is that the kitten was climbing under a vehicle for shelter when it started and then clung on underneath as the person drove. As soon as they slow down, the kitten jumps or falls off and ends up stranded on the side of a freeway.

Glad that this baby was saved!