What would you call this color of coat?

Tnort

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a short haired Scottish straight. Her mom was white with a little silver on her head. I’m including pics of her over time (6months), as well as pics of her siblings. I’m not sure if she’s a tabby, spotted tabby, or tabby point. What would you call her coloring?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For me it seems to be broken mackerel tabby with white on one of them (this with white paws=
The other is prob just a tabby without the white spot gene... The whitis on the chin is common for tabbies, it isnt sure its a true white spot gene.
So, IF you describe him as lost, do mention tabby with white on chin. but for someone in cat fancy, he is just tabby.

Whitie smells a point, but I dont see the typical masque on her face... Perhaps she has a white spot over whole face?
So, lets guess whitie is a lynx point and white, the tabby pattern probably broken mackerel as with the siblings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tnort

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m just wondering about mine, which is the darkest of the 3. So you’re saying just tabby? Even though she’s spotted on her body, and no white anywhere?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its common tabbies have spots on the belly. So we look on the sides of the body to decide pattern.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m just wondering about mine, which is the darkest of the 3. So you’re saying just tabby? Even though she’s spotted on her body, and no white anywhere?
Ps, with just a tabby I meant, alike its sibling he is broken mackerel tabby; but dont have white unlike bro.