What would the name of his pattern be?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
So I know that Jasper is a DSH, mackerel tabby - but I can't figure out what his coat pattern is? Mia has the same type (she's pretty much identical to her brother, just her fur is floofier/softer and she has a softer face.) He has spots and stripes. Does anyone here know what it'd be called?

added photos so you can see what I mean

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
It can be difficult to distinguish between broken mackerel, and imperfect spotted tabby; in your boy’s case I’d lean towards broken mackerel, as he has spots mixed in with his bars, rather than the other way around :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
It can be difficult to distinguish between broken mackerel, and imperfect spotted tabby; in your boy’s case I’d lean towards broken mackerel, as he has spots mixed in with his bars, rather than the other way around :)
Hey! Thank you for the reply. I've been going nuts trying to figure out what it'd be called and if broken would apply!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The spots mostly seem to line up with ones below and above. I'd say he's a broken mackerel tabby.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The photo showing his spine lines isn’t too clear but they appear to be solid, making him a mackerel tabby