What will my new kittens be

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They will be considered domestic shorthairs or domestic longhairs, depending on their hair length. Most cats are not any particular breed.

As far as the possible colors of the kittens, what color are the dad's parents? That would help us to determine if he's genetically tabby or solid.
  • If dad is genetically a red tabby point, you would expect to get some brown tabby males / torbie females. If mom carries colorpoint you could also get lynx point (tabby point) males / torbie point females.
  • If dad carries solid, or is genetically solid, you could get black males / tortie females. If mom carries colorpoint you could also get seal point males / tortie point females.
  • Mom looks like she probably has one copy of the white spotting gene, so each kitten would have a 50% chance to have white markings in addition to the above colors.
  • If both parents carry blue, you could also get dilute (blue) versions of any of the above colors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisa1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The black and white one is mom her dad is a domestic short-haired and he was solid black and her mom was a long haired calico my mom brought me the flamepoint Siamese from a lady that had bred them his dad is a chocolate point Siamese not sure about his mom though the lady told her that both were Siamese

Lisa1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They will be considered domestic shorthairs or domestic longhairs, depending on their hair length. Most cats are not any particular breed.

As far as the possible colors of the kittens, what color are the dad's parents? That would help us to determine if he's genetically tabby or solid.
  • If dad is genetically a red tabby point, you would expect to get some brown tabby males / torbie females. If mom carries colorpoint you could also get lynx point (tabby point) males / torbie point females.
  • If dad carries solid, or is genetically solid, you could get black males / tortie females. If mom carries colorpoint you could also get seal point males / tortie point females.
  • Mom looks like she probably has one copy of the white spotting gene, so each kitten would have a 50% chance to have white markings in addition to the above colors.
  • If both parents carry blue, you could also get dilute (blue) versions of any of the above colors.
Thank you for your help

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The black and white one is mom her dad is a domestic short-haired and he was solid black and her mom was a long haired calico my mom brought me the flamepoint Siamese from a lady that had bred them his dad is a chocolate point Siamese not sure about his mom though the lady told her that both were Siamese
You might get some clues if you find out about the color of dad's mom.
  • If dad's mom is tortie point, then he is genetically a solid and you would not expect to get any tabby kittens.
  • If dad's mom is torbie point (tortie tabby point), he could be genetically a tabby, in which case you could get both solid and tabby kittens (50% chance of each).
  • If dad's mom is red point like him, he could be genetically either tabby carrying solid, or solid.
Probably, the most likely colors for kittens will be black (with or without white) for the boys, and tortie (with or without white) for the girls. You won't get any pointed kittens unless the mother of the litter carries colorpoint.

Did you plan to breed these cats? Or was it an accident?

Last edited:

Lisa1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might get some clues if you find out about the color of dad's mom.
  • If dad's mom is tortie point, then he is genetically a solid and you would not expect to get any tabby kittens.
  • If dad's mom is torbie point (tortie tabby point), he is genetically a tabby and you could get both solid and tabby kittens (50% chance of each).
  • If dad's mom is red point like him, he could be genetically either tabby carrying solid, or solid.
Probably, the most likely colors for kittens will be black (with or without white) for the boys, and tortie (with or without white) for the girls. You won't get any pointed kittens unless the mother of the litter carries colorpoint.

Did you plan to breed these cats? Or was it an accident?
It just happened

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just happened
If you don't want kittens, you can still have mom spayed. How long ago was she in heat? If they just now mated, she might not even be pregnant anyway. You can separate them to prevent further matings, and give the vet a call to see if you can get her in for an appointment.

Lisa1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's correct, you can't get any red point kittens from this combination.
I will call and ask my mom to get the information about teaberry mom and will let you know what I find out

Lisa1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you don't want kittens, you can still have mom spayed. How long ago was she in heat? If they just now mated, she might not even be pregnant anyway. You can separate them to prevent further matings, and give the vet a call to see if you can get her in for an appointment.
The kittens are due in March we are going to keep her kittens and get them all fixed

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will call and ask my mom to get the information about teaberry mom and will let you know what I find out
If he has registration papers or pedigree, the information would be on the papers. Regardless of the color of his mom, the kittens can't be red point like him. His mom's color will just give you a clue about whether he can produce tabby kittens, or just solid kittens.

Lisa1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens are due in March we are going to keep her kittens and get them all fixed
We enjoy our babies the boy's are so excited to
If he has registration papers or pedigree, the information would be on the papers. Regardless of the color of his mom, the kittens can't be red point like him. His mom's color will just give you a clue about whether he can produce tabby kittens, or just solid kittens.
Got ya thank you so much for the advice it sure does help yes we want the kittens they will be our new babies we love our cats they are good for anxiety and stress and depression and has been proven to slower the risk of heart attack and diabetes

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you bought Teaberry from a registered breeder who shows the cats then Teaberry might not even be siamese. He might have siamese further down the line but all it takes to get a colorpoint is two cats with the colorpoint gene. Lots of people sell domestic short hairs who are colorpoints as siamese cats unfortunately. He doesn't really look to be purebred siamese to me which is common for flamepoints as generally to get that coloring there tends to be a ginger DSH in the pedigree. I do hope you get him neutered asap so no more babies from him.