What was your worst date?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends and I are all currently single, quite a rareity for us all to be single at the same time!

The best thing about this is all the funny dating stories we've all ben sharing!

So if you guys tell me yours, I'll tell you mine!

Whats been your worst date ever?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first anniversary, with my first husband. He took me to KFC for dinner. (And yet, I waited another two years, to divorce him).

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh...thanks to online dating, I've had a handful!

The ABSOLUTE WORST though is this guy I had met [online]. In his picture he was wearing a hat and looked pretty cute. It was one of those impulse things were we were instant messaging and decided to meet up. He actually wanted me to come to his side of town (which I didn't know very well). I should've taken that as a hint, because to me: the guy should ALWAYS come to the girl's side of town for the first meet.

Anyhoo, so I got him to come out my way. We met up at a local 24 hr restaraunt and ate. During part of our conversation he started randomly changing his voice to a higher pitch (like a cartoon character) and then drop it back to normal. I stopped him and asked him if he was having problems talking. His answer: its his way of making the conversation more interesting.

Lost 50% of his dating points right there.
Then as I'm talking about myself, he begins to stick his tongue out. Being REALLY creeped out, I stop in the middle of my sentence and asked him why he was doing that. His answer: "That's my way of letting you know I'm listening to you". ::censor::censor::censor::
I flat out told him that normal people do not do that, laid $3 on the table for my portion and ran out of the restaraunt. I blocked him from my IM and screened heavily since!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the one where I showed up.......

Probably that guy who took me out to McDonalds... and spent the whole time playing with his food
Now see... that's the kind of thing that people would expect from me - I'm the kinda girl who'll go and make french-fry fangs (complete with ketchup blood) just for giggles. I HATE when you see a guy who's made the effort and taken his girlfriend out to a nice dinner and she orders this huge expesive meal and just pushes it around the plate..... So many times I think I've spoiled someone's date by leaning over and asking "Are you gunna eat that?"!!
I can't stand to see food wasted like that - if you wanna take me out, take me out for a steak and expect me to steal your fries too!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ugh...thanks to online dating, I've had a handful!

The ABSOLUTE WORST though is this guy I had met [online]. In his picture he was wearing a hat and looked pretty cute. It was one of those impulse things were we were instant messaging and decided to meet up. He actually wanted me to come to his side of town (which I didn't know very well). I should've taken that as a hint, because to me: the guy should ALWAYS come to the girl's side of town for the first meet.

Anyhoo, so I got him to come out my way. We met up at a local 24 hr restaraunt and ate. During part of our conversation he started randomly changing his voice to a higher pitch (like a cartoon character) and then drop it back to normal. I stopped him and asked him if he was having problems talking. His answer: its his way of making the conversation more interesting.

Lost 50% of his dating points right there.
Then as I'm talking about myself, he begins to stick his tongue out. Being REALLY creeped out, I stop in the middle of my sentence and asked him why he was doing that. His answer: "That's my way of letting you know I'm listening to you". ::censor::censor::censor::
I flat out told him that normal people do not do that, laid $3 on the table for my portion and ran out of the restaraunt. I blocked him from my IM and screened heavily since!

That guy needs a date with a psychiatrist.

purrluvr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol.. These are great! I had one years ago, told him I had 5 cats, "ok, no problem" so the second date we were watching a movie at my house and out started walking cats. "Oh he says guess you do have cats" as one rubbed against him he cringed. My reply was, "did you think I was kidding? and I think you need to leave now!" Thank god the current BF is a Vet Tech and loves all 12 of mine and god only know how many foster at any given moment. "love me, love my cats"
P.S. how's my signature just got to make it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
QWell, my worst was this one guy who actually KICKED my cat!

He left shortly after!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had already hit him with a torch when he tried to shine it in Mav's eyes.

loser.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have hit him with something much heavier than that hun. A vets bill. Guys like that should be made to wear fur catsuits so that they can be taken to the vet and castrated. Just tell the vet it's a really big tom who needs to be cut down to size. You could get funding for that from the Cat's Protection League....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guys like that should be made to wear fur catsuits so that they can be taken to the vet and castrated. Just tell the vet it's a really big tom who needs to be cut down to size.

eupnea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also met a guy off the internet (they usually make for the best stories).

He was really attractive, drove a fancy car, wanted to take me out on a nice date, etc... but he was a total weirdo. After a perfectly normal dinner, he took me to a park where you can see the Minneapolis skyline and it's really pretty. We sit down on a bench, and the first thing he does is correct my posture. Twice. And then he starts telling me that if I join an intramural sport I could lose a bit of weight and be more attractive to him (I have a few extra pounds, but I don't do sports.) Then he stuck his tongue in my ear, and I laughed at him because I guess that was him trying to turn me on?? The last thing he did was ask if I could bend over so he could get a good look at my a**. Cute.

And these things happened just as I wrote them, in rapid succession. Needless to say, there was no second date. I met my current boyfriend a couple weeks later and it was a RELIEF. He may be cheap, but he isn't an idiot.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

well the one where I showed up.......

Now see... that's the kind of thing that people would expect from me - I'm the kinda girl who'll go and make french-fry fangs (complete with ketchup blood) just for giggles. I HATE when you see a guy who's made the effort and taken his girlfriend out to a nice dinner and she orders this huge expesive meal and just pushes it around the plate..... So many times I think I've spoiled someone's date by leaning over and asking "Are you gunna eat that?"!!
I can't stand to see food wasted like that - if you wanna take me out, take me out for a steak and expect me to steal your fries too!!
Well said!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eupnea

I also met a guy off the internet (they usually make for the best stories).

He was really attractive, drove a fancy car, wanted to take me out on a nice date, etc... but he was a total weirdo. After a perfectly normal dinner, he took me to a park where you can see the Minneapolis skyline and it's really pretty. We sit down on a bench, and the first thing he does is correct my posture. Twice. And then he starts telling me that if I join an intramural sport I could lose a bit of weight and be more attractive to him (I have a few extra pounds, but I don't do sports.) Then he stuck his tongue in my ear, and I laughed at him because I guess that was him trying to turn me on?? The last thing he did was ask if I could bend over so he could get a good look at my a**. Cute.

And these things happened just as I wrote them, in rapid succession. Needless to say, there was no second date. I met my current boyfriend a couple weeks later and it was a RELIEF. He may be cheap, but he isn't an idiot.
I'm glad you met a normal one! I couldn't find any on the internet. The last one happened after I had stopped dating my last boyfriend. He didn't do anything weird, but totally lied about his picture and after I told him I didn't think we were made for each other, he STILL continued to call for 6 months, trying for another chance.

I just attract the weirdos I guess.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex use to take me to Stevie B's (a buffet pizza place) every weekend. At this time I worked at Papa John's and ate looked at, cooked, abd smelled pizza all the time. I didn't ever want to go toa pizza restaurant!

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't dated in years, but probably the worst was about twenty years ago. The guy asked me out, but informed me that as a starving student, he couldn't afford my movie ticket so we'd have to go Dutch. (I was 21 at the time; he was about 25). It wasn't the going Dutch that bothered me; it was the way he worded it.

Anyhoo, we went to see "Crocodile Dundee," which was just coming out in the theaters at the time. And the seat I chose to sit in was, unbeknownst to me, broken, so that when I sat down in it, it collapsed. Very embarrassing. But instead of being a gentleman, this guy BURST OUT LAUGHING and announced to the entire theater that I broke the seat. Needless to say, it was our first and last date, and in fact it was about the last heterosexual date I had in my entire life. LOL

The worst date with a woman? Ye gads, what a tale. We were sitting in a restaurant and the Muzak was playing that song, "Drift Away," that goes, "Gimme the beat boys to free my soul/wanna get lost in your rock 'n' roll and drift away," and I noticed that my date was singing softly along with the music. Except she was saying "wanna get lost in your p***y hole." OMG. I was SO grossed out that I wanted to just DIE. Need I say this was our last date? ROFLMAO

Actually, my last date was about five years ago and it was absolutely magical, Cinderella stuff. She was attractive, paid me glorious court, and it was a supremely romantic evening. Two days later, she told me she actually had a girlfriend that she'd, oops, forgotten to tell me about. LOL

The way I figure it, since I've sworn off dating now, I did have a lovely last whirl. I just choose not to remember how it ended up.