What Was Your Cat(s) Name Before You Adopted Them?

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sneaky and Holly were always Sneaky and Holly- we got them as kittens.

Now Jasper (the one we took from my neighbor- long story LOL). Who won't even come out of the garage yet

My kids HATE Twilight. With a passion
. Well- they just figured out that Jasper is one of the "bad" vampires in Twilight (though I don't know if that's why he was named that- or for how long my neighbor's SIL has had that cat).

So of course now they want to re-name him. Fat Louie
From The Princess Diaries. He doesn't even LOOK like Fat Louie
He is HUGE though

Cheryl

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari's foster meowmy called him "Ghost" but that was changed as all our white cats have had names that start with the letter A.

Topaz was a stray so her original name is unknown.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brillo's pedigreed name is "Brillo On My Pillow."

Ziggy's predigreed name is "Happy 2B Nappy." His former owner called him "Imus" (born during the Don Imus scandal) but that had to go when I got him.

Felix was "Tuxie" before I trapped him and had him neutered. Once I learned he was a boy, I gave him a proper name.

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Felix is a great name for a stray! <3

Mackerel's name at the shelter was Madeleine. Blergh. I can't imagine any cat LESS like a Madeleine! Haha.

My ex and I were going to call her Moghedien, (pronounced Mog-huh-dEEen) which is the name of a maligned baddie from a series of books we both loved called The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. We were going to shorten it to Moggy and we thought that was very clever. :p

When we got her home, though, I was doing a bit of research on tabbies, trying to figure out what type of tabby she was, and when I told Duncan that she was a "Mackerel" it just.. stuck! Haha.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I chose Autumn at the shelter the name they had listed on her papers was "Demi" after Demi Moore. I didn't like that name at all so because of her beautiful tortie colors, I changed it to the colorful and my favorite season of Autumn.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties are all cats we rescued, but some of them didn't have names that "stuck," or had temporary names.

Lazlo was the Little Gray Kitty.
Shelly was Black Legs (to distinguish his "tuxedo" from Tuxedo's).
Tuxie was White Legs.
Spooky was Black Paws.
Flowerbelle was "Mitzi" but we didn't like it and she needed a stronger name.
Ming Loy was Neuro. She was rescued with her sister, Logic. (They have Cerebellar Hypoplasia). A vet tech adopted Logic, and that's still her name.
Chumley was Charlie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like some of the names y'all have chosen for your furkids.
And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has "catnapped" a kitty. I've always felt slightly guilty that I "stole" Salem away from the neighbors.
But after the last time those people let her get pregnant yet again and let her continue to roam & fend for herself, I just couldn't stand by and let it continue.
I'm glad to know that others feel the same way I do!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry was named Sylvester by the rescue group. It's an okay name, but it just didn't fit him. Larry fit him.
It was my mom's idea, but I totally loved it, and it seemed right.

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Simba Yim's shelter name was Bean!

I don't think he liked Bean...

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my- I didn't realize what I had typed in.

Jasper came from my neighbors. But I didn't cat-nap him

My neighbors moved a relative here who was having problems. Don't want to get into it at the moment. She had this kitty that she bonded with. But she really couldn't take care of it. Poor guy had fleas and pulled out all of the fur on his backside. It's now growing in- but it really looks bad. Poor guy.

My neighbor paid for the vet bills for this cat. Shots, flea treatment etc. Then drove it 18 hours to get here. Relative was going to move into a pet-friendly apt. Well- that apt fell through and the only one she could get didn't allow pets. So the neighbor had it in her laundry room. But was allergic. So they asked us to take it. Because the other option was the shelter and they didn't want to do that to the relative. Who was already having difficulties giving up the cat in the first place.

And after she drove it here- paid for all of the vet bills AND said she'd get us more flea treatment (mind you I already have 2 others that I take care of) I just couldn't say no.

Bad thing is he won't come out of the garage. It's only been a couple of days, so we're giving it time. I don't want to re-name this guy- in case a pet-friendly apt comes up and she wants her kitty back. But that won't happen for at least a year, and who knows what's going to happen between now and then.............

Cheryl

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby was always Abby. I kept her name even though she was 4 months old when she came to live here. She looked like an "Abby".

Spencer and Katie didn't have any names. They were just called "Kitty." The vet didn't want them to get used to a name and then have to get used to a new one. However, they seem to know "kitty"

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

My kids HATE Twilight. With a passion
I thought I was the only 1 in the world, that didn't like the Twilight movies or books.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

I thought I was the only 1 in the world, that didn't like the Twilight movies or books.
Not too many guys that are into a story involving an unattractive boring girl that can't act being fought over by a softee vampire that glitters in the sun and a werewolf that waxes his chest, so right there you have 50% of the population.

I forget their very first original names, but foster mom gave em Sebastian and Sabrina before I renamed em.

Kinda moot since they both just get called "fluffy" or "fluffy butt" most of the time anyway.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the shelter, Swanie was Swanie and Cindy was Cynthia. The names seemed to suit so we just kept them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Nope! I read the first one and while the story itself holds some appeal....mortal involved with a vampyre, the writing was very juvenile, choppy and well below the standard of a first novel IMHO.

Even my friend's daughter who was 14 years old when she read Twilight said that she found the style of writing (not the story, but the actual writing) very unprofessional and geared more to preschoolers than to young adults/teens.

Frankly I consider it one step up from "See Dick run!"

I did read the other 2 books as well. Only because I'm very anal when it comes to book series. If I read one, I have to read the others whether they're good or not. I was hoping that the writing would improve with each book, but it never did.

Personally I prefer the "House of Night" series. I got a girl at work hooked on it and we buy and share the books as they come out. And it's well written. It is geared towards teens, but the writing is superior and is enjoyable to read.